Its a bigun

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
how the heck do you get caught up in these projects?

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Awesome Mike.

Do Ken/Bryan/Harry?etc get a cut for professional advice? :lol:

Not teh sort of job to want to run out of glue so far from home... was it at the end of the day?

John

Mikey P

Administrator
I doubt paint rollers would have worked it in deep enough.

Those trowels were working over time.,

That damn thing was THIRSTY!

I'm afraid it will be,glued to the floor in the AM.

R

rotovacguy

Nice job.

I wouldn't have a clue where to start on a behemoth like that!! :lol:

Greenie

that is seriously a BIG rug.

and it's taking on these "related" projects that grow you out of a $99 cleaner mentality, and make you realize what else is out there, and you can charge more, cause they are happy to pay it....to the right problem solver.

poor glide.

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
Thanks for pics and info, I always wondered how to do that. More pics on rest on project please.

Next time use longer trowels, much easier to not make a mess of yourself, can scoop glue out of bucket easier and spreading the glue will go much faster.

Also if you do more of those buy kneepads from proknee they're awsome. They're tailor made for your leg and dont fall down.

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
also if you took off the old backing was it difficult to get off in some areas?

i would be afraid i would accidently yank off some of the top layer or napp of the rug

G

University of Michigan has a rug in the Stockwell dorm
that is 3500 sqft no lie. Its made in pieces and is a loose rug

The value is $47k

Mikey P

Administrator
Spent a good part of today applying another coat of latex and getting the new Durabond ready for laying tomorrow.

This thing is as stiff as Cu's next job..

4-13-09024.jpg

I caught this low life trying to horn in on my action..

4-13-09029.jpg

4-13-09028.jpg

Our view from the windows..

4-13-09025.jpg

4-13-09026.jpg

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Trowel or scrap of low-nap carpet is the way to go because you need to press the adhesive through the existing scrim and get get it into good contact with the tufts. At the same time, you don't want to put it on too thick, or press it so hard that it seeps through to the face. Good for you for taking this on, they will now consider you their very own expert and work at that facility won't go to the lowest bidder. The rug will also be easier to clean now that it has a little more body.

PS: Buying material based on someone trying to help you from looking at a photo, and complaining about it? Bite the hand and you'll get no more help you big dork. :lol:

Mikey P

Administrator
The Great Oz said:
Trowel or scrap of low-nap carpet is the way to go because you need to press the adhesive through the existing scrim and get get it into good contact with the tufts. At the same time, you don't want to put it on too thick, or press it so hard that it seeps through to the face. Good for you for taking this on, they will now consider you their very own expert and work at that facility won't go to the lowest bidder. The rug will also be easier to clean now that it has a little more body.

PS: Buying material based on someone trying to help you from looking at a photo, and complaining about it? Bite the hand and you'll get no more help you big dork. :lol:

Snow Job knows I was kidding you even bigger dork.

and yes, rollers would not have gotten the glue in deep enough.

I only hope when the 4 of us go to flip it tomorrow it's not stuck to the floor.

gasaxe

Mikey P said:
[quote="The Great Oz":231j915a]Trowel or scrap of low-nap carpet is the way to go because you need to press the adhesive through the existing scrim and get get it into good contact with the tufts. At the same time, you don't want to put it on too thick, or press it so hard that it seeps through to the face. Good for you for taking this on, they will now consider you their very own expert and work at that facility won't go to the lowest bidder. The rug will also be easier to clean now that it has a little more body.

Snow Job knows I was kidding you even bigger dork.

and yes, rollers would not have gotten the glue in deep enough.

I only hope when the 4 of us go to flip it tomorrow it's not stuck to the floor.[/quote:231j915a]

who takes the risk on this deal you or them. Meaning if you ace it up or it just doesnt turn out good. Are you on the hook for replacement? or do you still collect you dough and tell them tuff dooky....

Mikey P

Administrator
If it goes bad I would no charge them and they can buy 8 Ikea Specials to take it's place and come out way ahead.

Seriously, what could go wrong?

gasaxe

the main thing i was thinking about was the glue "bleeding" through into the face of the rug. I dont really know ive never done anything remotely close to that. None of the tight asses in my neck of the woods would spend that kind of money to fix one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom