I've Cleaned carpet since 91ish and WTF

rgerard

There are so many variables to the business end of my business that my head is spinning.

I want more than anything to KISS (with silly at the end) but end up with over complicated thoughts.

I am looking for suggestions from you all about what you do or don't do to Keep It Simple.

Thanks
RandyG

GRHeacock

Here's how I kept it simple.

I just do the cleaning. My wife does the office- pays the bills, does the booking, calms the angry customers, and gives me lunch money.

It worked for me.

Gary

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
GRHeacock said:
Here's how I kept it simple.

I just do the cleaning. My wife does the office- pays the bills, does the booking, calms the angry customers, and gives me lunch money.

It worked for me.

Gary

I don't get lunch money because I take my lunch with me .aside from that we run our business the exact same way..........

rgerard

Thanks Gary and Rob, I am looking for a wife to give me lunch money and take care of all that office stuff.

For now, my accountant, cell phone and day planner are substituting for her. O, 99cent burger joints have been taking care of the lunch...

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I too anxiously await enlightenment :-)

I would suggest going to a strategies seminar as that is really what it all comes down to~ making thing easier to right than to do wrong, especially if you have, or intend to have, employees doing the work.

Ken

rgerard

Ken, I am planning on having employees someday but currently trying to figure how to systematize all processes.

I feel like I am reinventing the wheel.

I have checked out Howard, S.C.O.R.E., Clean Care Seminars, B.Walker, Polish, and a whole host of self proclaimed help wanting to sell info.

I want to attend some seminars but there are so many offers that I do not want my head and cash flow to hurt more. Any east coast recommendations?

John Watson

Randy,

Like Ken said Strategies for Success is the best thing you can do, I am going back next week after 10 years. I thought they couldn't add any more to it from when I attended in 97, I have been informed it will like a whole new program with so many new items and changes.

Many, like Ken have attended multiple times and attest to getting more every time...

Now SFS is coast to coast almost and Ill and Texas. Gotta be a place close to you. Well worth the trip.

If you have taken some of Joe Polish's training you will be familiar with the name Jim Woverton. He was in our 97 class also. That is after he developed a lot of stuff for Joe.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Like John said~ strategies is the place if you are looking to take your business to the next level. Others have lots of good things, but strategies was designed to help systematize and start thinking of your business more like a business than a bossless job. I have been twice and sent a few managers and also had 2 one day classes for my techs in MI.
Tremendous value for the investment in my opinion.

I have also been to one of Howard's Roundtables and thought that had a lot of great stuff too.

Ken
Ps I am going to Chuck Violand's, Executive Summit in June and am excited about that too!

Name
steve snail
Randy,

Stay away from the burger places. Pack a lunch / snacks / ice water jug / etc. It will save you a ton of time and you can make it more nutritious than fast food. Very important for wand warriors.

Rex Tyus

rgerard said
Thanks Gary and Rob, I am looking for a wife to give me lunch money and take care of all that office stuff.

Hire a full time office manager instead. It will be MUCH cheaper. :shock:

-JB-

Name
JB
Hire a full time office manager instead. It will be MUCH cheaper.

AND THAT"S THE TRUTH!
littlerascals.jpg

rgerard

You know…..I should have learned that from my first wife! She was expensive at the end…..

I have some gluten for punishment kind of thinking some times. lmao

Thanks for the reminder guys!
RandyG.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom