I've got a challenge

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
for successful carpet cleaners and marketing know-it-all's. I'm new in BNI. I'm trying to teach/train the members, family and friends too, what to listen for in daily conversation that would immediately make them hand out my business card and mention me.

For example: Two people are talking, seemingly about nothing, one tells the other she has a new puppy at home. She's frustrated with how hard house training is going and tired of finding puddles on the carpet here and there. (Everyone in our business knows what the problems here are; odor, stains, yadda yadda)

Hopefully the other person would immediately say... "Oh you should call Bill at Acme Carpet, he can help you!"

My mentor has stressed not to talk about my equipment but concentrate on what members should listen for talking with other people throughout their day. He called them "triggers", key phrases someone might say that would trigger them to mention me.

Have anyone trained techs, office/phone help, family or friends to have "big ears" like this before? Any phrases, "triggers" or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Anytime someone mentions

Kids
pets
Moving, selling, buying, renting, owning a rental
party's
Slob husbands
living in a dusty area
offices

These would be the big trigger words.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
When I do my visitation, I always give that person the best commercial that I can.

People look forward to me doing their commercials because they know it will be something outrageous.

Like this month I am visting the estate planning attorney.

I will dress up like death, make fun of some of the older guys in the group and sing "Not only the good die young"...parity of Billy Joels song.

I am sure it will be a hit.

When people leave the group for the day, they are talking about me....and that's what matters.

They might even be thinking about the estate attorney, and that helps with my PR as well.

I think that doing more for others will get you noticed more than anything you can say about yourself.

I am getting my silver badge...finally. That will show that I am trying to help the group grow.

aqualux

I'm not a marketing guru, but what has helped me is incentives. I'd usually pass on a commission to my employees for new customer referrals, with them keeping in mind of the key "triggers"

As for as what those triggers are... i really don't know. I figure give them a reason to think about it... and then anytime they can talk about carpet cleaning is the way to go. As we all know some days carpet cleaning can just be daunting and repetitive... so trying to make my employees feel happy and get them talking about the business in a positive way helps also.

Of course i don't really put much of my effort into this, as much as I want... I find myself spending more time in getting referrals from customers, emails and seo.

-JB-

Name
JB
How about creating the trigger?

Speaking w/someone who mentions, (whatever) saltwater fish tanks, you just drop in the beautiful saltwater tank you saw when you were cleaning carpets at someones home recently, the topics are literally endless that way, and it's sure to bring up a question or two about your company.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom