I've never seen a wand like this

Name
Swani
What do you make of this wand? It's on the US Products page.
wand-1024x1024.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
They have three versions of it.

The 12" Triton, which has been discontinued

The 12" & 16" Sharpshooter, which Ill have Glides for very soon, ( that can be slightly modified to work with the Triton)

and a new dovetail ( think Evolution) mounting system that is being marketed as a Truckmount wand, that has yet to be named, but will come with GreenGides as OEM.

Ive used the 12" Sharpet shooter and it worked as well as any wand Ive ever used. After a few hundred feet I really started to enjoy the reach that a straight bend tube offers.

The stock black delran glides cause massive lockdown and chatter, which is not quite as bad as an Evo's due to the stiffening effect of that tear drop hole.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Just a fancy Castex wand

That comparison has been rolling around the back of my head since the Evolution came out....

...and at the time you could buy a Castex portable for not much more than the wands sell for now.

Reactions: hogjowl

Mikey P

Administrator
That comparison has been rolling around the back of my head since the Evolution came out....

...and at the time you could buy a Castex portable for not much more than the wands sell for now.
The Sapphire titaniums and Prochem Quad jet have more in common with a Castex than this or the Evo does, if you study the vacuum chamber and ignor the straight pipe...

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
The Sapphire titaniums and Prochem Quad jet have more in common with a Castex than this or the Evo does, if you study the vacuum chamber and ignor the straight pipe...

I agree on the airflow Mike.

Just the feel of the wand in use takes me back to that original tool.

We sold a lot of Castex portables in the early to mid 80s, and when those guys went to truck mounts, more than a few had us adapt the Castex wand to use with their truck mount.

Considering the "stove pipe battleship anchor" TriJet wand that Prochem supplied at the time, I couldn't blame them a bit.

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm speaking of the triangulated vacuum chamber.
IF the tube joins in a linear fashion, there is no better design.

When I first tested the SharpShooter to see how my Glide functioned, I fully expected to use it for half a room and go back to my S bends.

Nope, instead I marveld at my 5 ft reach with no leaning required, vacuum was excellent and because there wasn't really any furniture to get under I ended up completeing the whole house with it.

The tear drop may or may not increase the speed of airflow but it certainly reduces the chatter of the Evo's, and unline the Evo's this wand cleans right to the edge with out modification.
Evo Glides sell incredibly well, I have to pack up a Hard Surface Glide for a owner in a few minutes actually. New and old cleaners alike love these straight tubed wands for what ever reasons.
USP is workining on a new model that wont have the scews to mount the Glide (which will be OEM) but rather a familiur mountin system that will alow for very quick change outs to other style Glides.
There is another large wand seller looking at offering the same thing, a wand with....options....

WIN-WIN-WIN-WIN

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Mikey P

Administrator
and because there is no "heel" created from the S bend, I was happy with how far back I could tilt the whole wand to reach under things (with help from my awesome ROUND glide with a narrow vac slit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom