JB - Here's the story, thus far.

-JB-

Name
JB
September 2, 2007

Motorcycle accident, yeah, i know "what a shock!"

Was out riding in the country (almost always ride out in the sticks, i THOUGHT it was safer, ha!) Met up with a friend and some other people, they were all riding off road bikes and a four wheeler. We were going down a dirt road and the guy in front decided it would be funny to kick up a shit load of dust, kid on the wheeler was behind him, went off into the dust and couldn't see, so next i go in the dust, and lo and behold, the kid on the wheeler decides to pull over to the side to try to get outta the dust. Next thing i know he's right in front of me like 20 yds. ahead DEAD STOPPED....SSSHHHHIIITTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!
Brakes clutch, first tapped the wheeler, then laid it down. My 12 yr old daughter was on the back, somehow she ended up in front of me after we hit, i think she used me as a airbag, cause she only had a scratch on her heel, thank God!
My friend rode back to his property and got his truck to take me to the hospital. The FIRST hospital we went to couldn't see me for 3hrs! Apparently they were out of band-aids. Small town's OYE!
Second hospital, 35 miles away. Took me in pretty quick, X-ray's- broken right tibia (leg)way down at the bottom right near the ankle, also broken humerus (arm) sheared right off below the shoulder socket, looked like someone sawed it in half, nasty! They were worried about blood clots because of a hematoma (big ass blood blister, bout the size of a apple) SOOOO, they sent me to...
Hospital 3, another 25 miles away further $850 ambulance ride, away, for a MRI, but I did finally get some pain medication, a mere 6 hours after the accident, oh joy! A sling after 20 hrs!
Two days in hospital, sent home in a wheel chair for the first week, that really sucked! The next day, my arms started to break out w/poison ivy, nice! By the next day my arms were CONSUMED by big ass P-ivy blisters, the size of quarters,nastiest thing i have ever seen, right there on my arm! The pain was UNBELIEVABLE!
Eight days later, back in the hosp. for surgery on my arm, screws and a plate, joy joy. Two more days in the hosp.
Home for a week now, in a walking cast, Poison Ivy cleared up, pain is subsiding, arm inn a compression sling.

Oh, one more thing,

I had fired my certified fully trained assistant two weeks before the accident, (apparently he can't control his texting, what a dumb ass reason to get fired) so we were/are dead in the water. (have found another set of arms and legs to help me gimp along for now, so that's good)

I have two great kids 17 yr old son, and the daughter, and a very strong faith, thank God, no pun intended.

The support I have received from friends and family, including many guys on the board here, some I have never even met, Pm'd, or spoken to, has been incredible, to say the least. This has been a real enlightening experience for me.

Thanks guys. Hope I didn't bore you, or bring you down.

Count your blessings, I am. :wink:

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
my collarbone break was a lot less eventful of a story, but i learned a good lesson: when you're an O/O don't go joy-riding, be it a quad like me or a bike....not worth it ($$$).

sometimes my friends still rip on me for not riding, and i laugh with them. but i won't give in. riding didn't pay the bills.

glad the worst is over JB...how's your bro-in-law holding up?

thanx --- Derek.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
What a pussy! :p

Some people will complain about the littlest scratch! :roll:

Man you go all out when you do something, I hope you are getting better!
Take care!
:D

-JB-

Name
JB
Okay its official, you, Jim Morrison, have the coolest name on the board!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom