Jet powered prochem

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
That was one of Mike Roden's "I'll show you what I can make" efforts that was never seriously offered for sale.

Humorless as I tend to be about such things, I gave him heck for spending a small fortune on that "one time creation" when they couldn't keep the Bruin II units made at that time from throwing belts every 200 hours.

After Prochem was bought out, the new management squashed Mike's "mad inventor moments". I confess, in retrospect, I miss those days.

One of the many great things about this industry is the amount of invention and innovation that still occurs here.

Jimbo

I got to run it at Pro-Lines customer appreciation day a long time back...sizzling...I mean SIZZLING hot water...so much suction that I was dragging a 16 x12 scrap of carpet around the parking lot unless someone stood on the corner...man, it REALLY needed a glide!

I think it might be sitting in Dale Collin's garage...but I could be wrong. It was on ebay a few years back...did D. Collins buy it????- Jim

ps I changed the 3 drive belts for the blower on my 800a at 5000 hrs...just out of principle...don't know why the Bruins were bad, Jim
I had a couple of HM Crossfires that seemed to need a new belt every two weeks or so...what a nightmare!

MerCrewser

I remember that when we bought both 800As, the first thing we had to do was put in the low oil pressure kill disable button, and put on bigger blower and PTO pulleys so that it would quit throwing belts. Both were mandatory updates recommended by Prochem.

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
Ya we had it in our small town of Sheridan, WY and I saw it then. It was pretty impressive.

My former boss was a Prochem dealer at the time and brought it in for a CAD day. It was pretty cool at first but then it was just too loud and obnoxious and you found yourself migrating further and further from it hoping someone would shut it off. Hmmmm....that's pretty much how most felt about my former boss as well! :lol:

Those of you who've been around as Prochem dealers will know exactly who I'm talking about.

I saw it on Ebay a few years ago and wondered who ended up with it.

Would be a great piece for a carpet cleaners museum if anyone ever puts one together.

Back
Top Bottom