Jet size for RotoVac 360i?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I'm using the 1.5 jets that came stock on the RotoVac. It's the standard, 3 head version.

I run a Cleanco 47 with high heat.

Should I go to a bigger jet size to get more flow? I'm looking to speed up the process and maybe clean even better without dramatically increasing dry times.

Anyone with experience swapping the jets?

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
I have the quad head and find the Jets that came with it give plenty of flow/Flushing and I really don't think adding higher flow Jets is going to speed up the process much at all. It's just the nature of using a rotary that you have to move at a certain pace on dirty carpets and go back over to thoroughly extract.

Over wetting can be a big issue with rotaries for that reason and adding higher flow jets could contribute to that. If you're cleaning with the standard head I'd suggest going to the quad head. That will speed up your cleaning a bit and give you better dry times and a more even cleaning pass

Reactions: Russ T.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Thanks Bill.

Did you use the standard head for a while before upgrading to the quad?

Do you think the quad is a little less stable than the standard? It has 4 swoop glides touching the carpet, where the standard has 3 + 3 of the round stabilizer things.

I'm seriously thinking about moving to the quad head, just don't want to blow $500 on it if I'm not sure.

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
I'll sell ya my quad head attached to the 360i for a grand. I don't know anything about the standard head as mine came with the quad but that quad head really digs and flushes.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I'll sell ya my quad head attached to the 360i for a grand. I don't know anything about the standard head as mine came with the quad but that quad head really digs and flushes.

Hanks Justin, but I already have a 360i and only need the head.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom