Jim Bristor Check Valves

Mikey P

Administrator
A set came on the Beta Bentley.

Worthless.

Screw up the spray patterns something fierce and squirt/drip like mad hooked up to my 240º Pail. Each trigger pull gets you a new and exciting pattern. A very uneven ones at that. Side by side comparison next to my 2 year old Greenvalves showed GG with much better pattern and less drip time.
The screen filter will plug up in no time. Way too fine a mesh.

D-

bently012.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
go with the ones with out the filter......there is no reason to put a filter in the jets if you have a good wand filter.......been testing a different wand valve with these also and been as high as 280 so far with no drips...

Mikey P

Administrator
Now that I would like to see.

The cone shape of the spring aint helping matters either.

Did Joe think that sized mesh would work for more then a few jobs?

Mikey P

Administrator
I (me) a l r e a d y g o t s o m e f r e e o n e s M a r t y.

W h y / h o w d o y o u t h i n k I h a v e a n o p i n i o n o n t h e m ?

Greenie

I saw some Bristor checks without screens in Mikey's toolbox, g'head and put them in, I suspect the spray is still distorted. Just the nature of the beast, you can't cram a spring and ball and keeper inside a tiny 1/8" vee jet chamber and not have some interferance with the spray.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I just took off my check valves to inspect and clean. How many turns do you back the internals out? I went all in, then three out. Was that correct? Poor memory here.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Greenie said:
I saw some Bristor checks without screens in Mikey's toolbox, g'head and put them in, I suspect the spray is still distorted. Just the nature of the beast, you can't cram a spring and ball and keeper inside a tiny 1/8" vee jet chamber and not have some interferance with the spray.

well I hate to bust your bubble here but you can if you put the spring in the right way and you use the Teflon ball...I can't remember when the last time I had a drip on my wand....my jet pattern has not been effected as of yet and as soon as you let off the valve it is an instant stop....But don't get away from the fact you also have to have a healthy valve it is a big part of the puzzle....and not to use the jet filters....also if you are using the check valve type extenders...take the guts out of them and let it flow....

B

Bill G. Martin

Hey Mike....how about some pictures of the lay out inside that van....??

Thanks,

Bill in central Florida

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
what a cluster fuk that is...no wonder it don't work.....those are not even the same type..they don't even look like check valves

StubbyInstructions-emailing.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
I have those versions too Jim.

Even more worthless.

These are the ones I stole off the Bentley that i assumed are the very latest crap.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I don't know how long this type has been around...but they have been doing good for me...

Maybe you should try a new set and see if there is a difference...

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
there are only a few things that really irritate me...my truck leaking......my wand dripping.....and being personally violated by over priced parts.......other then those I am pretty easy going......

I can take care of the truck and the parts problem real easy ....but that wand dripping has been a thorn for a long time and these have seemed to clear that up and have held up better....(so far)........

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I've been using the type Jim shows now for more than 5 years. They work great for me. No drips at all as long as the wand valve is in good shape. I have not noticed any spray distortion. I have had to replace a few broken springs. I run approx 200 degrees at the wand with 12 flow at 500psi.

Greenie

They all work at 200.

225 is where the challenges are, at least that was the conclusion I came to 5 years ago.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I kept it at 260 way to much yesterday testing out a valve to find its limit ...... I shut it down and let it cool off and put it away.....cleaned most the day at 220/230 and had a few drips ...thought for sure I found there limit....before I took everything apart I figured I would put my other valve on the wand and see if they still leaked....I did not blow the check valves...but I blew the shit out of the wand valve....

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
For your information they are neither Greenies nor Joe's check valves when you probably can get them at any carwash supplier.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
cant say I have seen this style anywhere else ..but I don't care who sells them...I just want them to work............I hate drips

Back
Top Bottom