Mike G
Once , or IF, you get a second truck running you won’t mind the cancels as much

load up one truck and take the time yourself

you can always find something constructive to do
Or something destructive!

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
Thought about buying a van and setting someone up cleaning but I’d have to not be involved in the cleaning aspect.

employees in our area are difficult to retain
most of the various businesses I know have had trouble as we have.

especially when ppl were getting fat unemployment. Even got a notice from someone who got unemployment from the state even tho we were the 3rd from the last company he worked for! How’s that even possible.

was thinking of buying a new Trinity Nd a TM but not sure new or used

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
I have sure fire solution for you all. Tonight when you go home ask your wife nicely... very nicely, to pull the stick out of yor azz that's making ya'll so grumpy.

You're in the service business, you're expected to be flexible. Projects, events rarely run perfectly or on time. Expect changes and be grateful these people are choosing to spend money with you. They have other options, there are many other cleaners out there.

Treat them like you appreciate them, even when they move appointments. Be gracious, be courteous even when you don't want to be. Your living depends on them.
THIS....is why I’m so glad your back, Chavez. Some levity that has been missing!!!

scotty747

Had my first from covid yesterday. Husband tested positive but no symptoms yet. Thanksgiving is cancelled here in WA so I may do a long weekend of commercial.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Cancellations are a gift that lets you find out which is the best bakery and coffee shop in your town.

Don't waste it.

agree and "liked" that post.
(I used to carry my bass rod and pack in the van)

but it's contingent on a few things.
in the slow season, a BD that's the sole or major provider of income for the family, cancellations in the slow season hurt

It's also much easier for the single one man show O/Op that doesn't have full time guys that depend on full weeks' checks.

it can be the difference of real NY cheesecake at Christmas or boxed Jello instant cheesecake mix...

..L.T.A.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
agree and "liked" that post.
(I used to carry my bass rod and pack in the van)

but it's contingent on a few things.
in the slow season, a BD that's the sole or major provider of income for the family, cancellations in the slow season hurt

It's also much easier for the single one man show O/Op that doesn't have full time guys that depend on full weeks' checks.

it can be the difference of real NY cheesecake at Christmas or boxed Jello instant cheesecake mix...

..L.T.A.
I used to do something similar. I was working as a sub for department store and kept a fly rod in my truck. Right by the office was a little urban stream with good trout fishing and the occasional steelhead and salmon in the fall. Caught a 12 lb steelie one day. Tiny little stream, big fish.

Back
Top Bottom