Job Costing

darcie smith

Name
darcie smith
I'm working on some job costing analysis stuff. Approximately how many hours of life do truckmounts have before they need to be replaced? Or do they vary widely? We have a Rage and a Pro1200 if being specific matters. Both are very well taken care of, consistently maintenanced.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I am sure it varies a lot. Some folks lease units and replace every 3 or 4 years. That probably keeps maintenance costs low. I kept mine for 10+ years and got about 6,000 to 8,000 hours on each. Sold them. At least one is running after 37 years and having every part replaced two or more times.

For accounting, I did find an IRS list (years ago) which expected useful life of 7 years and 800 hours of use per year.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
Just depends on how you paid for them and if you want to recover a certain amount of money from them.

For toyota trucks you can buy new, sell at 100k miles and recover a lot of the original price you paid then buy new and do it again.

you gotta just do the math on your units and see what makes sense as to what hours are best to sell them at.... or you can just run them hard and keep them running with repairs as long as possible which would prob be like 5000-7000 hrs

Reactions: darcie smith

darcie smith

Name
darcie smith
Ofer is going to have another meltdown
LOL
I cut back hours at my day job to work on the biz; I don’t go in there Mondays anymore. Since Scott left his manufacturing job in April we have been slammed and Mondays the phone rings the most so I am freed up to handle that. Record sales, lost FT guy, replaced him with FT girl who’s working out well, but not good enough to work alone yet.

I’ve been working on a lot of the things we talked about at SFS last year. I have more time now and I’m motivated to do them. I made a bunch of personnel forms, I’m working on job costing analysis this week, then revising the employee handbook is on the agenda next.

I’m trying to find new balance between work, the business, keeping up the house, and growing a human. Everything about pregnancy is weird.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom