Job interview questions.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
What to ask. I'm giving my first real interview this week to an applicant on a facebook job ad. I figured the first will be via phone, and the second will be face to face. I need help on what to ask

Reactions: Living The Dream

hogjowl

Idiot™
Don’t make it complicated
Just think about what you think are important attributes and focus on the circumstances that you feel develop them in people. For instance, if you think honesty is important, then ask questions centered around their relationship with their Mother.
If you think a healthy self respect is important, ask them if they’ve ever been a pad cleaner.

Last edited:

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
1. Are you addicted to Meth
2. Do you have any sexual criminal convictions.
3. Do you liike my Amish looking beard.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Will you steal more than you can carry? 😉

Do you feel like you are responsible?
Which do you think is more important, doing a good job or doing a fast job?
Are you afraid of physical work? This job is easy but physical. It will require occasional lifting of 50lbs or more. Will that be a problem for you?
What would your last job say about your attendance?
Do you have a valid driver's license?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
What's the best question to ask to find out if they're a creep or not?

if they pass the fone interview (why ain't you working now?)
you have to look them in the eye with spidy senses that pierce to their soul to find out if their heart's black or not

..L.T.A.

Name
Jeff T
What to ask. I'm giving my first real interview this week to an applicant on a facebook job ad. I figured the first will be via phone, and the second will be face to face. I need help on what to ask
Ask ‘if you make a mistake, how do you fix it’?... simple question, but pay attention to how they answer.

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Don’t make it complicated
Just think about what you think are important attributes and focus on the circumstances that you feel develop them in people. For instance, if you think honestly is important, then ask questions centered around their relationship with their Mother.
If you think a healthy self respect is important, ask them if they’ve ever been a pad cleaner.

One of Marty's longest posts ever, and a lot of wisdom in it. Plus the last line is nearing comedic genius.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I had an HR assistant who used to use what she called the "heavy pause" she started with simple leading questions then would falter halfway in and "pause" people used to talk and open up just to fill the gap

I took to corresponding with emails with her.. stupid jedi mind tricks lol

Name
Swani
Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Do you have experience? Give me an example of how have you acted in a high stress situation to solve a problem? Are you punctual? Pick 5 topics like Safety,quality, speed, etc. And have them rate them in order most important to least. You find 10 dollars under a couch what do you do? And always check out their facebook profile. Hope it goes well. You can always look up behavioral interview questions on the web also.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Some good phone interview questions are:

Are you currently employed? If yes, why are you considering leaving? If not why are they not?

Why'd you leave your last job?

If they have prior work experience ask they what their favorite job was and why. What was their least favorite job and why.

What made you want to apply to our ad? - helps to gleam if your prospecting process is attracting the right people or what you can use in the future to improve it.

How flexibile are you? Are you willing to work some late nights and some weekends?

Many employers focus on their own expectations of the potential employee are but rarely do you see many ask what the employee expects of the employer. It is a pretty vital question in my opinion that helps to create a company culture that allows the individuals to grow as well as the business. Your expectations of the employee are important but if you build a business where employees can easily plateau you're going to have a high turn over rate. Also some people just have unrealistic expectations of what their job is suppose to provide them, it saves you a big headache figuring out those who want a lot for very little effort on their part early on.

For the in person interview, find a basic math test and see how well they do. There are quite a few out there that ask things like find the area of this shape/room, etc. You could make your own for calculations you do daily when it comes to mixing products, pricing, etc.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
This guy won’t shut up and he even dropped an”f” bomb during the interview a few times. Lol

While the "f" bomb is a problem, I would find the fact that he talked endlessly worse.

Its like dating:

If you can't stand them on the first date, what will it be liked to be in any kind of long term relationship with them?

rick imby

Name
Rick
While the "f" bomb is a problem, I would find the fact that he talked endlessly worse.

Its like dating:

If you can't stand them on the first date, what will it be liked to be in any kind of long term relationship with them?

Are you saying that anything she says matters? Questions for her --Do you smoke? Do you do shots? Tells you everything you need to know...

rick imby

Name
Rick
This guy won’t shut up and he even dropped an”f” bomb during the interview a few times. Lol

This job is not good for talkers. Most of the time spent cleaning there is no talking and then a lot of the rest of the time is driving.

First question is what are you looking for? A helper or someone to run their own truck---trailer----.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom