Joe Polish stuff

Mikey P

Administrator
Anyone care to share what "his" top five ideas are?

Any of you been ousted from the inner sanctum and don't mind giving away what you payed thousands for?

A former JPer told me it doesn't get any better than his "3 page letter".

Can that be true?

Mike Draper

Raise my prices, Joe said. I'm not trying to brag, but I generally never do jobs anymore for less than .50 a square foot with my packages. (packages was another)I was told to offer a higher level of service at a higher price and the custy's would come. Now, I know anyone can figure this out, but I didn't until I read his stuff. REalistically we've been in business for 17 months and I net after all expenses last month $11,700.00 and we'll beat that this month. I know lot's of people don't like Joe P. and I don't like some of his marketing but I would still be making $2000 a month (what we were bringing in 14 months ago) if I hadn't bought his marketing package. I didn't have a clue how to market when I started. He does have alot of good marketing ideas and I think alot of it is a great value.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
two words..... Richard Branson!

I want to know what Sir Richard uses to clean trashed olifin or do i need to make a trip to the island for that..?

dgargan

I don't know all the in's & out's of Joe's stuff but I have seen several of his marketing pieces and material. I used to have the assumption like many on the boards that it was very sleazy and nothing that would work. Over the past few years I have met several cleaners at SFS, Howards Inner Circle, and at IICRC classes that use Joe's stuff. All I can say is this. There are a lot of cleaners making big money carpet cleaning that have put his stuff to use. Do they like all his stuff? No, but they use what fits them and make it work. I have met guys that are a one man show to guys who run 8-10 trucks and live great lifestyle because of this business and what Joe taught them helped them get there.

Two things happened that made me rethink my opinion of Joe's stuff. One was after I talked to a guy who not only paid $12,000 a year to be a part of Howard Partridge's program but also paid more than that to be part of Joe's group. He paid more per year then some of the guys on the board clear cleaning carpets if you add up all the traveling expenses and additional education expenses. There are many cleaners out there that do this and I figured there must be something there or these guys wouldn't fork out that kind of money, plain and simple. They have huge businesses and a wonderful lifestyle. There I was looking at the BB's saying "ahh that Polish guy's stuff is garbage. Who would buy into that crap" Well seems the guys that actually did are doing well. (The one's that put it to use and didn't leave it on the shelf)

The second thing that made look at this differently is when I met a guy who had a great cc company and was showing me pic's of his shop and huge home he lived in along with his great vacations and cool cars and toy's he enjoyed.

He paid his employees $20 per hour with full benefits and his vans and tm's were all paid for. I was real impressed then in one pic I noticed he had a Bane unit. I asked him about it because come on they're not real truck mounts. He said all 5 vans had Banes in them. He went on to explain that it's not about vans, tm's, chemicals or things. It's about serving people, being a good consistent marketer and not getting hung up on the small stuff. Just clean the carpet let the customers know you care, and take care your employees.

I didn't mean for this to be this long but basically if you’re not making a lot of money in this business and your complaining about it you really don't have that right because there are plenty of sources out there. Just pick one and go with it. Some here have done it on their own and that's great but if you’re still struggling put your ego aside and learn from others.

Lisa Wagner, as well as Joe has offered up some free stuff on the boards to try. Most have said it's just a ploy to get you sucked in or the free stuff has no value. Did you really try it? If for no other reason do it just to prove it "won't work" I think you will be suprised.

Lisa has helped me on several occasions and asked nothing in return. I just wanted to let people know my experience.

David

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Lisa's cool, I just give her a hard time because she claims it doesn't bother her. :twisted:

Joe could be a nice guy (I doubt it...but I'm willing to give him the benefit of doubt), it's his style that I have issue with.

Brash and pompous, "PIRANHA", "ETHICAL CLEANERS", "RICH CLEANER" not my personal style, but if it works for you, great!

Overall when they try to help on the boards, it's always packed with infomercials and I'm insulted that they think it's not noticeable to us.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
R.Chavez said:
Brash and pompous, "PIRANHA", "ETHICAL CLEANERS", "RICH CLEANER" not my personal style, but if it works for you, great!

Overall when they try to help on the boards, it's always packed with infomercials and I'm insulted that they think it's not noticeable to us.

that sums it up for me

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I can't help but think that some of the things that these guys sell are the same things that I am doing, trying or have tried. Some things work better than others.
Diversify. Don't put your eggs in one basket.
Get out there and do your marketing, don't let it do you.

Take care of your customer and your employees.

Image is everything

keep an open mind

make your customers think that you are the only company out there and they are the only customer you have.

I say image is everything because I think the perception of the customer is what makes you money.

do you look and act like a dirtbag that should only get 5 bucks a room? Then that's what they think they should pay you.

Do you look and act like a pro ccer who should get what ever it takes to make it clean? then THAT,S what the customer will think they should pay you.

Either carpet cleaner can get the carpets clean.
But the end result is very different in the money department.

And I say again, we are doing this to make money...not friends, not to be a good person, not to just get by and not to be taken advantage of.

You can still be a good person and even make friends but this is a business.
Do you think the CEO of McDonalds wants to be your friend?
NO.

Greg Loe

"Currently there are no verified Ethical Service™ providers in your area"

I have yet to be verified, have you?

d-day

ODIN said:
I have one name to bring up

PAUL DOUGLAS

this guy was so brain washed all the way to the bitter end.

What happened to Paul Douglas? Isn't he cc'ing anymore?

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
That was one thing that was nice about Jon Don this past week at SFS in Chicago. No High Pressure Sales! Just treated you like you were family in my opinion!! :wink: One is thing that Joe Polish will never do!! :roll:

Mikey P

Administrator
yep,

You nailed it, everyone I've ever met associated with Jon Dons is first class.

People whom you want to hang out with on the week end types.

I dont know how they do it when 70% of the people I deal with at a event like connections give me gas.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom