Joe's LifeJacket

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Anyone using these on their solution lines?

LifeJacket%20closeup.JPG

starrett

For about a year now on my 50 ft carry in paraflex. wouldn't be without it, no hose chatter or damage if it rubs against something

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I could see it on the Goodyear hose just to prevent Black death from costing you money. However I think it's just safer and more cost effective to move away from Goodyear hose.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
I think the biggest advantage it might have on the parflex is taming it down. Especially when cleaning in the cold. I may try it.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Doc Holliday said:
I could see it on the Goodyear hose just to prevent Black death from costing you money. However I think it's just safer and more cost effective to move away from Goodyear hose.
I don't think an external covering is going to avoid black death and its damage to carpet. Thats an internal issue

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
2 concerns:

How much heat are you running? My hoses have to breathe because of the high heat we run.

Wetness/Dampness? How quick does that cover dry out? If it gets wet, having the moisture stay on this hose is not good long term. I had used a black rubber protector on the the first 2 ft of the hose to protect against it breaking at the crimp. It caused the hose to break down prematurely at the crimp. I now keep a CLEAR 3 ft protector on it so I can see what is going on.

Keeping that cover clean would seem like an issue as well. The parflex can be wiped clean after every job.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom