John at Hot Heat Exchangers saved my A$$

Farenheit251

My blower shaft got beat to hell and the key way looked like the Grand Canyon. Either I could have it disassembled and take the shaft to a machine shop then wait 5 more days for it to be rebuilt or buy a new blower. Not wanting to be down approx 7 business days I chose to buy a new blower. When my distributor was having trouble locating a 4005 blower I told him to call John at Hot Heat Exchangers as he is a dealer. He said to jump in the truck and make the 2.5 hour drive . He thought he could find a way to fix it. He took the blower off and used some computerized machine to shave off 2 one thousands of an inch at a time until we went from a 7/8" to a 3/4 shaft,cut a new keyway and installed a tapered bushing to bring it back to 7/8. That 59 year old man worked till 10:30 at night canceling plans with his wife and his assistant didn't hesitate when asked if he wanted to work late. I was running the next day and the $620 was way less than rebuilding or replacing.
He had a Big Daddy V8 350 which i hope to see run soon. I asked about noise from the 6008 blower and he said you could lean on machine and carry on a normal conversation. The silencer was like 18" diameter and ran the whole frame. I'm having a smaller version added to my machine and hope to see the Big Daddy run then.
He also had a Tuthill 5511 blower which was 3-4 times the size of the 6008. They were preparing an International Diesel truck frame for the PTO installation. The buyer wants to be able to run 4 wands at 25Hg. I couldn't believe the price on that beast. About $25-35,000 less than I expected. Brian E

Matt King

Hell of a nice thing to do... I was talking to him maybe a year or so back. He was telling me about his hot rod he was building/finishing up. John said he had friends with cars like that and he always wanted to do one but never had the money. So now he finally had some money to build a car and he was thrilled about it! I was thinking to myself, Good for him.. He's working damn hard for his money and builds quality equipment for this industry which is Rare! And everyone here knows it's rare... I'd like to see a Big Daddy in action. I bet it's awesome! Glad ya got your machine going again... Downtime sucks.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I was toying with the idea of building a small block Chevy and mega blower.

Chevy parts are cheap and everything I'd need from chrome valve covers and alternator to stainless braided lines can be had a Summit Racing, right down the road from me.
Could make it a real show boy

..L.T.A.

Greenie

you know what is funny, I bet you see reg. 2" hose on these beast...lol

just choke em back.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I ordered some shelves from him the day of the national championship game. I thought a guy in Seminole, Florida would be interested in college football that evening, but he said he's too busy trying to make money and took the order himself rather than put me on hold for someone else.

Nice.

8)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom