Johnson Signature Wax....

Ryan

I usually use spartan products... but I got a call from a guy who overstocked and he sold me this cheap.

I use a TON of floor finish so thats no problem I'm just wondering if anyone else on here has used this?

It has to be the highest priced floor finish I've ever saw... http://www.1877floorguy.com/josiwax5gal.html

I bought a few cases.... like 150 gallons :shock:

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
I've used a lot of Signature through the years. It is a respectable and burnishable finish. It tends to get discolored sooner than some (even worse than Spartan). But it's more repairable with burnishing than Spartan finishes. I liked it. My favorite brand is Pioneer, but Johnson's Signature is not bad. If the price is right you should probably scoop it up.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
how long is it going to take for you to use thirty cases of that signature?

is it newer stock or older stock?
(does it have the regular spout or the large spout?)

at what price did you get it for?

Ryan

I got it for $53 a case shiteatinggrin

Be jealous!! I should have it used up in about three months, if things go well. It looks brand new, according to the guy he had overbought for some wal-marts he does. I thought all wal-marts where inservice though :?

4c49ecfd.jpg

Encap man what finish do you like? Spartan ishine seems to be the best I've found. I burnish nightly and biweekly on most of my accounts so I think that makes a difference.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I did several Walmarts in the early 1980's.

My favorite is Buckeye Castleguard. Zep has a killer finish as well, if $20/gallon floats your boat.

Ryan

Castle Guard is great stuff Lee, I have used a ton of it. I just can't get it to shine as well as the new Spartan finishes.

Zep? as in the home depot stuff?

Name
Lee Stockwell
We were primarily a VCT contractor when we started. I bought Johnson's Complete by the 55 gallon drum when it was king of the hill. It would be crap by today's standards. In the late 1960's the norm was strip-wax----ignore---repeat.

However we did a lot of spray-buffing with a 175-300 rpm swing buffer and red 3M pads up until about 1975. Then a friend had the crazy idea to put a gas motor on a buffer, and turned the industry on its head. Mr Wilson made a killing by the time he sold Pioneer Eclipse.

I got the first propane buffer within 200 miles in 1976. It was wonderful, the finish of that era wasn't. Also a few of my accounts wouldn't let me run it in their stores. It did stink.

The thing that made me decide to go a different direction and push carpet cleaning instead of VCT was that distant contractors were coming in and driving the price DOWN substantially. I did a lot of now defunct stores, Winn-Dixie, Food Giant, Fred's(Badours), and WT Grant. Competition was pushing them to lower costs and floor cleaning went.

That work will grind you out in time. I did seven local grocery stores every weekend.

Regarding ZEP: It's an old brand, and like any other they have good stuff, and some not so good. Their "Wet Look" floor finish is the best.

F

FB7777

jiminy crickets stockwell... even 40 years ago you were chasing your tail doing the low-ball cleaning contracts

we gotta talk some time... you really need to move up the food chain

Name
Lee Stockwell
$2000 a week was good in 1976.

Actually prices now are at 1975 levels in VCT. I got out at a good time for our family. I see history repeating via encapsulation for commercial CC.

I do 85% residential now personally, and I love it.

Name
Danny Strickland
if it's not a clear polymer finish, paying $10 a gal is a rip off for you!!!

put some in a styrofoam cup let it dry and see if it turns yellow/tan. if it does, you fooked up!!!

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
looks like you bought fresh product. if anybody tries to sell you any case of johnson bag in box that is not a large mouth or high flow spout it is older product. older product will yellow faster, and i dont know why. i hope you are charging a good set of pennys per sqft, because if you are you are going to make a killing with all that finish.

take some before and afters on some of you jobs.

CarpetKING

I dont strip too many floors anymore but have done a ton since I started. I-Shine is far and away the best finish IMO.

Ryan

I agree carpet king I-shine is the stuff.

I can't believe you guys saying Equinox that stuff sucks......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom