Joining The Dark Side

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
The devil @Mikey P has seduced me to join The Dark Side.
I ordered a Trinity and will be offering Sub-Par VLM cleaning services. Why? Because the market dictates it.

An HOA Now requires residents to only use VLM cleaners due to flood damage caused by a cleaning company using a portable.
SF has seen a building boom of new High rise condos and I need to adjust to this changing market or suffer.
I will be cleaning a 2 bedroom condo that sold for $1.3 Million.
I currently clean with a portable in a different building which I'm sure is over 2 million and I charge $375 to clean their one bedroom.

I just wish the Trinity was a "Mikey's board Must Have" before the Cimex was. I like My Cimex, but I'm thinking the Trinity might be better.
At MF, I was intrigued by the Thumping action of the Trinty machines, which I think is a game changer for VLM.

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
We used the Phoenix and Cimex today in an empty trailer. Cimex on the carpet while I used the Phoenix on the sheet vinyl flooring. Then I went over the carpet with a blue micro under the Phoenix to finish up.

It’s quite versatile. I’m also thinking where this machine truly shines isn’t necessarily carpet, but the LVT/LVP/sheet vinyl floors that have become so popular over the past few years. It chews through that stuff like a buzzsaw. One pass with an appropriate floor pad and a small spray of neutral cleaner every other step, one pass with a micro to pick up the slurry. Finish with a flat mop.

Pics from today, a rental from last week, and some vinyl tile. All using the Phoenix, except for today’s where we incorporated the Cimex on the carpet to save time.

One negative I will mention, I had a carpet that was a shedder and whoa… it was a little concerning, but turned out ok.

148C9750-8EB8-4960-949B-E57C4CB7D6D3.jpeg 0471C474-6BA5-482F-AF8A-4072D1EA3ECF.jpeg 5957F053-2485-4894-9A64-0C1014FBB111.jpeg 02165FB5-37F4-4315-9096-8A956F9CA373.jpeg 390AB1E6-06C0-4F1F-9FB1-D60B2AAFD36E.jpeg

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Ive had some wool cut pile
We used the Phoenix and Cimex today in an empty trailer. Cimex on the carpet while I used the Phoenix on the sheet vinyl flooring. Then I went over the carpet with a blue micro under the Phoenix to finish up.

It’s quite versatile. I’m also thinking where this machine truly shines isn’t necessarily carpet, but the LVT/LVP/sheet vinyl floors that have become so popular over the past few years. It chews through that stuff like a buzzsaw. One pass with an appropriate floor pad and a small spray of neutral cleaner every other step, one pass with a micro to pick up the slurry. Finish with a flat mop.

Pics from today, a rental from last week, and some vinyl tile. All using the Phoenix, except for today’s where we incorporated the Cimex on the carpet to save time.

One negative I will mention, I had a carpet that was a shedder and whoa… it was a little concerning, but turned out ok.

View attachment 123051 View attachment 123052 View attachment 123053 View attachment 123054 View attachment 123055
Carpets that shed like crazy that I would hesitate to use the Phoenix on. Just using the crb with soft brushes pulled tons of lint out of it. That's after vacuuming.

Reactions: AlienAgent

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
Ive had some wool cut pile

Carpets that shed like crazy that I would hesitate to use the Phoenix on. Just using the crb with soft brushes pulled tons of lint out of it. That's after vacuuming.
Didn’t noticeably shed when I vacuumed it, when I saw the little balls of fuzz everywhere I thought I might have ran into a wool carpet (in a junk rental house…). A quick burn test showed it was synthetic.

We ended up vacuuming afterwards (carpet was dry) and pulled two cans out of about 1100ft2.

I need to get a CRB, it’s about the only thing I do T have at this point.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
This may not be the complete future of carpet cleaning, but it is rapidly becoming a bigger part of it than I would have anticipated even a year ago.

Every system has its flaws, and every disciple of a system their own type of myopia, but this isn't going away.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart

View attachment 123051 View attachment 123052 View attachment 123053 View attachment 123054 View attachment 123055
Won't the thumping action of a Trinty damage the seems of thin engineered flooring?

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Would this brush attachment be the best for LVT? Or is there better pads that are used with the standard driver for the Odyssey?
IMG_6198.jpeg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom