Jon Don Shipping Warning

Name
Bill Soukoreff
I just got burned from an online order from Jon Don. Just want to warn others from Canada about this problem because it really sucks to get nailed on double shipping charges and double UPS Brokerage fees.

I ordered some small items and it was worth paying the UPS Brokerage fee of $33.88. However, one of the items had to ship from another location (unknown to me) and so I received two shipments, which means double brokerage fees and almost double shipping charges.

The brokerage and shipping charges will now be more than what I ordered!

I phoned Jon Don to see if they were aware of this, and the guy said that yeah this happens a lot. He said thats why it is better to phone your orders in and verify that shipment will not be split up.

I asked him if they could notify online Canadian shoppers of this possibility and he said no, hardly anyone orders online. :shock:

So if you order from Jon Don, watch out and make sure you PHONE IN YOUR ORDERS and get them to verify that it will be all shipped together.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Ok, I got through to someone in accounting and she felt bad this happened. It initially showed up as in-stock, but the computer lied! They feel it is now their fault they will see what they can do to make it right :)

Yeah, the guy on the phone was not very helpful.

My motive for posting is just to stop this from happening again to others. Still good advice to phone your orders in if you are from Canada and get confirmation that everything is in-stock and ready to ship from one location.

Lot's of people won't ship to Canada, so we need companies like Don Jon to keep it up and not stop because it's a hassle.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
The one thing I hate about their site is the shipping. You don't know the shipping prices when you order. They let you know later.

Everyone else in the e-commerce world can do it, but not Jon Don.

CleanEvo

Thanks Bill.

I order stuff from the U.S. as well, but never yet from Jon Don... that's good to know.

It's kind of a hassle getting stuff up here, by the time we pay for the exchange, brokerage fees and extra shipping costs, we always pay way more than you guys do in the states. :cry:

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Jon Don is taking care of the problem (before I even started this thread). That's the important thing.

UPS brokerage fees are ridiculous.

USPS is great (however very slow) as you only have to pay $5 in fees.

I love ordering stuff from Greenglides as they always look for the cheapest way. Greenie has some good shipping karma.

Name
I'm Rick James
So am I in the hub of the carpet cleaning industry. I have 2 jon dons within 25 miles and hydramaster a few miles away. Oh yeah and Odin up north.

Greenie

yea Lisa is the shipping goddess, I'm the guy who says ..ouch that is expensive, can we do any better? then she does all the work finding a way.

Name
Nate W.
ODIN said:
this happens pretty much all the time I willl order stuff from the Seattle store get my order and then only have part of the order, so you call and "OH yeah" those other items are coming in from another Don Jon from another state and yes you pay twice the shipping for it.

T

One of the reasons I order from Interlink Supply. After a certain dollar amount, the shipping price doesn't change. It's a plus when your local dealers don't have it in stock or don't carry it.

I made a order from Jon-Don and shipping was pretty pricey. Interlink supply didn't have some stuff in stock and I received multiple packages in the mail with no additional shipping charges. Now I know there maybe more Interlink dealers across the country and less Jon-Don's around, but Jon-Don should get a lot better shipping prices. For instance, 1 case of odorcide shipped from Jon-don to Hawaii is roughly $90-$100. 1 case of hydrocide shipped from Interlink Supply to Hawaii is $24-$34. No brainer if you ask me.

I did hold off some orders for Jon-Don due to shipping.

My .02 cents

Mikey P

Administrator
For instance, 1 case of odorcide shipped from Jon-don to Hawaii is roughly $90-$100. 1 case of hydrocide shipped from Interlink Supply to Hawaii is $24-$34. No brainer if you ask me.

How is that possible?

Name
Nate W.
Mikey P said:
For instance, 1 case of odorcide shipped from Jon-don to Hawaii is roughly $90-$100. 1 case of hydrocide shipped from Interlink Supply to Hawaii is $24-$34. No brainer if you ask me.

How is that possible?

Beats me on how it's possible. It is true though. I have received multiple packages from Interlink Supply and even if it's not in-stock, shipping price is the same. My mom likes Cobb's red dye remover, but by the time it gets here, the shipping is a lot more then the product. That's one more reason why I like Greenglides too, they worked with me on the shipping.

Anyhow, sorry to get off topic. :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom