Jon Don stone video

Mikey P

Administrator
no.

but I made $225 in about 57.8 minutes cleaning a shower stall today.

Magic Al's Non Acidic Soap Scum Remover, scrub, Cobra rinse, Air Path dry and hose down with Cobb's sealer.

Reactions: GCCLee

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
no.

Magic Al's Non Acidic Soap Scum Remover, scrub, Cobra rinse, Air Path dry and hose down with Cobb's sealer.

Nice! Jordan came back from the fest charged up about vert tile

Name
cameron demille
That floor looks like garbage and I would fire my guys if they did that to a floor.

"gloss is a product of smoothness". No it is not. Clarity is a product of smoothness and that floor has 0 clarity because it isn't smooth.

That floor needs to be cut with 120 or 220 diamonds to fix it, brought up to 1800 grit and polished with a compound.

I hope you guys learned what NOT to do from that video.

Reactions: Mardie

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
I didnt watch the entire video,

At 6:10, if thats the finial result, then that floor looks like crap

The downside of using flexible abrasives on a variable hardness stone

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
no.

What is magic al's? what did you scrub with?

Showers are a pain...

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
I was going to get into concrete marble granit and other hard surface polishing before I decided to get into cc. In my research I found this equipment line to be the very best for the job. www.werkmaster.com I can see that it can be done with a 175 machine but to me it seems to be micky mouse compared to the above mentioned equipment.

Name
cameron demille
Werkmaster is not the best for the job. It's rigid, high speed and light. You can run circles around a werkmaster with a 175 rpm swing machine when it comes to refinishing and polishing (without removing lippage). For specialty jobs like grinding in place, concrete, etc. werkmaster definitely has it's place.

This video represents everything wrong with the refinishing industry. It's not rocket science, but you have to have a brain, a little common sense. A soft pad with with a ton of weight on top of it will never create a flat surface, you're just pushing it down as hard as you can and it will follow the different hardness of the minerals in the stone.

For companies to present these pads the way hey do is irresponsible and just plain BS. They have their place, but not for what they are presented as.

Here are a couple floors done with a 175rpm, 110v swing machine and diamond abrasives. Standard machine, cheap diamonds, 5x, home depot vacuum, etc. Nothing fancy. You don't need fancy equipment to do good work.

Notice the clarity. No orange peeling or texturing

kahlSq2.jpg

MHxUE6I.jpg

BwUlg4H.jpg

Reactions: FloorPizza

FloorPizza

Name
Brandt
Werkmaster is not the best for the job. It's rigid, high speed and light. You can run circles around a werkmaster with a 175 rpm swing machine when it comes to refinishing and polishing (without removing lippage). For specialty jobs like grinding in place, concrete, etc. werkmaster definitely has it's place.

This video represents everything wrong with the refinishing industry. It's not rocket science, but you have to have a brain, a little common sense. A soft pad with with a ton of weight on top of it will never create a flat surface, you're just pushing it down as hard as you can and it will follow the different hardness of the minerals in the stone.

For companies to present these pads the way hey do is irresponsible and just plain BS. They have their place, but not for what they are presented as.

Here are a couple floors done with a 175rpm, 110v swing machine and diamond abrasives. Standard machine, cheap diamonds, 5x, home depot vacuum, etc. Nothing fancy. You don't need fancy equipment to do good work.

Notice the clarity. No orange peeling or texturing

kahlSq2.jpg

MHxUE6I.jpg

BwUlg4H.jpg

I gotta come out of lurk mode to say "WOW!" Just beautiful work.

Name
cameron demille
I appreciate the compliment. The reality is almost anyone can be trained to do this in a relatively short period of time. There is a systematic approach and 80% of stone refinishing can be done without having any special knowledge or skill.

The top picture was done by someone else I teamed up with. That was his first time using 5x. The middle picture was done by me. The bottom picture, I did the diamonds and my helper, with no previous stone experience, did the powder polishing. Just by letting them run the machine and giving them verbal adjustments.

The bottom two pictures are travertine.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Yeah, the final result of the video looks like it's leather finish. I commented on this video when it came out some time ago. Like Cameron says, don't do this please. Go to Cameron's and Ted's class if you're interested in stone. Cam does kick ass work and his partner Ted has been doing this before Cameron was born :biggrin:

I have about 100 sft in my garage floor. If anyone is in my area San Jose and has a few hours give me a call. It won't be enough time but at least you'll get a feel for it.

I used Magic Al's the other day on a ceramic shower and worked great...thanks to your video. I had forgotten I had a few bottles of the stuff laying around.
Will it kill the gloss on marble?. It doesn't feel abrasive.

Marble polishing and cleaning services

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
"Leather finish" LOL :) BTW that guy is getting very "top" heavy in his video...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom