Village Idiot
That will buff right out..............

and to be fair there are plenty of similar pics out there from HE units

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
That will buff right out..............

and to be fair there are plenty of similar pics out there from HE units

Yup - I wonder if we compared stats between propane units that started fires VS HX's that sprang fuel leaks VS trash that fell on a manifold and started fires - who would win?

Although there was a LG in the pic do we know for sure it started the fire?

FredC

Village Idiot
Yup - I wonder if we compared stats between propane units that started fires VS HX's that sprang fuel leaks VS trash that fell on a manifold and started fires - who would win?

Although there was a LG in the pic do we know for sure it started the fire?

It wasn't the LG.

Owner said clamp on the fuel line failed and the fuel line popped off starting the fire.

guess the LG flame probably ignited the fuel though.........

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
Draper you nor Les could never show me where to get one of those starters.
I asked who knows how many times.

Let put those videos up to stir the pot. I'm helping him stir.

If you can't handle a little propane vs HX conversation, maybe Fat Cat is the place for you.

Last edited:

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
So while you guys are fighting over who gets blown up first by the equipment you use. Maybe you should think about scrapping all them fire bombs and switch to VLM.:yoda::razz:

Only fireball I wanna see is your lil azz running down the street : ) Get along now, go on, GEt!

D

Deleted member 51539

Difference on heat between 3 ht heater and 4 ht heater?

Steam coming out of a wand isn't that great of an indicator, actually. It just indicates a rapid rate of condensation, which doesn't require a starting temperature of above "boiling" to happen.

If you hear your wand "pop" at the jet(s) when you pull the trigger, then you're above the boiling point of water at the jet. But it's still not a solid indicator of precise temperature.

A #3 Little Giant delivering 180 degrees consistently is only possible in summer time weather, with small jets in the wand. But with an effective jet size of 6 or more, you simply won't get a dependable 180 even... much less anything more.

Basically, with a #3, you'll get 160 to 170 consistently with normal wand trigger action. Of course, if you do a cleaning pass of one stroke, followed by a drying pass, followed by another cleaning stroke, the #3 will maintain 200 degrees. But it's not practical to clean that way.

The longer you keep the wand keyed, the lower the temperature will be, until it flatlines at about 170 continuous degrees at 1.5 GPM. or thereabout.

A number 4 will do more... but nothing like a larger propane or oil- fired system will do.

To be more precise:

Average wintertime input temperature is approximately 45 degrees. Average summertime input temp is about 65 degrees.

The 3HT gives a rise of 120 degrees over the input temperature at 1.25 GPM (That's about 250 PSI through a #6 jet size.)

The 4HT gives 120 degrees rise over input temperature at 1.87 GPM (About 400 PSI through a #6 jet.)

So, if you turn your pressure down on a #4 to, say 300 PSI, you'll get closer to that "above 200 degree" target you're looking for.
Duane Oxley

http://interlinksupply.com/spec_sheets/ax41_hotomatic.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
For the Record!
I am PRO Gas : )

e2a5a6e5.jpg

duzejy8u.jpg

We iz talkin FUEL SAVINS !!

Focus Fookers : )

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Maybe this will finally lead us to: Judson Misconceptions Pt3:

Some people like Propane, some people like HX, some people like Heat Exchangers. And you know what? They are all right.

Instead of trying to prove anybody else's system to be wrong, and if you are capable- just shut up, build what the clients want and collect the money.

or.......
remain a small niche player.

Last edited:
Name
Lee Stockwell

Some people like Propane, some people like HX, some people like Heat Exchangers. And you know what? They are all right.

Instead of trying to prove anybody else's system to be wrong, and if you are capable- just shut up, build what the clients want and collect the money.

or.......

x2 You should win something for that post!

Reactions: ruff

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
The joke in Israel is that when they sent Macabee (the local beer) to be tested and approved by the Israeli food institution,
the results came back:

The horse is perfectly healthy.

No kosher beer for me. Though a good micro brew is always appreciated :very_drunk:

Last edited:

FredC

Village Idiot
The Amish TM builder.............creative licence taken with family guy quote..........

We solemnly believe that although humans have been around for a million years, you feel strongly that they had just the right amount of technology between 1970 and 1980-not too little, not too much. Please deliver us from Heat Exchangers, the worst human idea, and protect us from those who laugh at our lack of innovations or our little giants. And deliver us from mustaches. Amen.

Last edited:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug

or.......

X3

and I have used a little giant (granted in my early TM time)

But I wouldnt have one of those for nothing.....

give me my schd 80 pipe, with a flow fired ignitor all freaking day long....

sure you have to change up some ways in which you clean...(key on, across the room, and dry stroke back across)

but for ease....piece of cake...

and Mike...just because you get some farmers discount up there, dont mean we all do....Mid $2s here for the last 2-3 yrs...it has about a .50 swing

and OMG, if i hear someone boohoo, about the TIME it takes, i might go off....takes no longer (most times) then filling up your van with gas...and do you bitch about that???

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
X3

and OMG, if i hear someone boohoo, about the TIME it takes, i might go off....takes no longer (most times) then filling up your van with gas...and do you bitch about that???

The difference is you have to stop at two separate places instead of one.
When I ran propane i had a key and code at Amerigas to fill as needed.
No chit, I was able to fill myself anytime day or night...it was still a PITA.
My fuel burner is somewhat a PITA too. ..but at least it's just one stop at same place for kero and gas

as far as Draper's propane cost, I never doubt anything he says, but his pricing isn't near the norm ...it's below wholesale price

as far as "TM misconceptions".....anyone that doesn't know how to count beans to see if the figures add up..... is too stupid to be in biz anyway

LTA

Reactions: Art Kelley

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Anyone ever use a heater from Duane at accelerated? It looks like it can keep up no matter what flow you run. I'm guessing he has some kind of auto lighter on it with the heater in the back. That would suck to climb I the van every job.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom