Judson, TCS.... truckmounts. Used ones are non-existent.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
You know, I have been looking at alot of TM's lately.. There are a few brands out there you just don't see used...........I have only seen two Judsons and two TCS machines used... Why is this? People just keep them forever or what... I just think its odd there are none used..

My two favorite brands....... I'm curious to know how many TCS and Judson machines have been sold in the last few years, compared to the big name companies. Judson and tCS cant be that to far behind.. Would like to know the ratios of units sold..

woodsey

When I was in Greenville South Carolina at Judsons shop I saw several machines well over 20 years old still running like new. I imagine alot of parts replaced but thats with anything. I dont plan on getting rid of mine anytime soon. Woodsey

joe harper

Name
joe harper
joeynbgky said:
You know, I have been looking at alot of TM's lately.. There are a few brands out there you just don't see used...........I have only seen two Judsons and two TCS machines used... Why is this? People just keep them forever or what... I just think its odd there are none used..

My two favorite brands....... I'm curious to know how many TCS and Judson machines have been sold in the last few years, compared to the big name companies. Judson and tCS cant be that to far behind.. Would like to know the ratios of units sold..

Well..Son...

Let me explain this to you... :!:

The Judson TM..is kinda like a good woman ...that Ain'T that attractive... :idea:
She can do "EVERYTHING"...a "PuRtY" Truck Mount can do..!!!
She stays "HOT"......She has gives great "SUCK".....and ALWAYS.."Gets the JOB done"..!!!
She always is ready to put in a HARD days work....and never COMPLAINS.!!!
She will HUMP your WAND until you lay it down.!!!
She is a LOT cheaper to run...The "PRETTY ONE'S" are HIGH maintenance ....& ....
very tEmPeraMENTAL!
She will always "STAY" with her MAN..."She is a LOYAL truck Mount.!!!
The "Pretty ones"...are always ...looking for GREENER grass...!!!
So they are either .."TRADED-IN".... or ....SOLD for ParTs...!!!

SO THERE YOU GO... :idea:

It is a MATTER of "GeNiTiCs"...TM's /WOMEN.....are Hard to FIND...!!!
Judson...TM's....are Loved & Respected...THEY STAY @ HOME WITH THEIR MEN... !gotcha!
No JunKyArd'S...For the Judson GurlS...Their OwnErs.."Just Keep giving them a FACELIFT.. :lol:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
fred boyle said:
wow Harper... great analogy

I love it!

I hope the LADIES...on the board ..will NOT find this analogy as OffEnsEiVe... :oops:

It was MEANT...to PRAISE their TeNaSiTy & loyalty...that they represent is the success
of their Marriage and the success of the FAMILY run business.. :!: :!: :!: 8)

Even the "PuRtY"...TM's...Can get STUCK...with ShIttY OwnErS.... :twisted:
I have a couple of OLD gUrlS...that were aBusEd...that I LOVE much more
than "MY" ShinEy ..NEW..."aRm-CaNdY... !gotcha!

P

Phoenix Phil

Yes we need to beat Les up for there not being any used ones for sale!! (Just kidding.) I wish there were more.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
But Harper will pick a pretty TM for his personal use over a Judson any day. Right, Joe?

Name
I'm Rick James
How many Judsons and TCS are made yearly compared to the prochem, HM and so on. There might be a handfull of their units in Washington State alone, but HM and others there are a ton.

I am willing to bet that is why you dont see a lot of used ones. Plus the Judson is a damn good machine, why would you want to replace it?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Doug Cox said:
But Harper will pick a pretty TM for his personal use over a Judson any day. Right, Joe?

I DO like the pretty Gurls.... :oops:

I had NEVER heard of Judson's...before I came on this board... :shock:

I ran BUTLER'S for about 20 years... :!:

I run ALL Prochem's...Everest HP...405's....805.... :!:

I like HX units...with NISSAN motors...the EVEREST is a Hyundai...All Water Cooled... :!:

The NEXT 2 unit truck I build....Will have "DuAllInG" C-4's...With a little "Lip Stick" !gotcha!

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Compared to the number of used Buicks on the market, you won't find many used Alfas... Every maker of truckmounts is privately held and none release sales figures, but the big companies sell hundreds of units for every one sold by the smaller ones.

Judson may make a terrific truckmount, but the only place they're big is on this board. I hope Judson escapes the curse of being "the big deal" here.

John Watson

Think Judsons are few in numbers, I swear by my JEM, Just a few here in the US. Mostly sold in Canadia, From my recolection Nation Wide and the Canadian School systems were his main clients.

Jim Miller (JEM) told me he had the world by the balls till that other shaft drive co in Canadia tried to sue him for stealing their ideas. Said it cost him the majority of the buisness fighting and finaly winning his fight with CleanCo. Infact that is when I met him, He came to me at Claudes cause he knew we had shaft drives since the early 70's Steam Vac The predecessor of the HM CDS, Fact is Mike Palmer who started HM worked for the guys at Steam Vac and I believe bought their rights from the Dad, The brothers went to work for HM. Their last name started with a N. (Sorry my CRS is kicking in)

Mikey P

Administrator
Judson units are being ran all over the south, especially in SC and FL where they are built, naturally. A good percentage of which are private labled.

G

all good units, but production numbers are nowhere near the big names ( prochem, hydramaster) . The key here with these units are they are simple to work on , simple to overhaul, so owners would generally do that instead of buying new.

Also with the more complex units , after a series of frustrating experiences with wiring , solenoid problems, electronics , etc.( not enough R&D time) owners dump them and get something else ( usually another machine with the same potential problems).

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I would say thats alot LES! how much have you sold of other models?

I think that you should be selling 5,000 a year, as good as they look.. Why not hook up with interlink or someone big and distribute them? Not many people know about them.. Hell my local distributor. has had one TCS machine for the last 1.5 years they cant sell they say.. I think its because they push other things... If I was a disty I would sell the hell out of them for you.. Or I could sell them now out of my shop! But I would have to have a free demo model of course.:) really I would like to see more Judson and propane machines in use.. I agree simple is better.. I got scared when I took the cover off of my prochem.. I put it right back on and said............. What the ****, why so many wires. lol

joeynbgky said:
I would say thats alot LES! how much have you sold of other models?

I think that you should be selling 5,000 a year, as good as they look.. Why not hook up with interlink or someone big and distribute them? Not many people know about them.. Hell my local distributor. has had one TCS machine for the last 1.5 years they cant sell they say.. I think its because they push other things... If I was a disty I would sell the hell out of them for you.. Or I could sell them now out of my shop! But I would have to have a free demo model of course.:) really I would like to see more Judson and propane machines in use.. I agree simple is better.. I got scared when I took the cover off of my prochem.. I put it right back on and said............. What the ACE, why so many wires. lol

JOEY.

All you have to do is get a judson and start selling.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Ok, so if i buy a Judson, I can start selling them? hmm lol... When I am ready I might drive down to your shop and look at the Judson and talk to you.... I have put my TM purchase on hold for awhile. I would want a TNT though I think........ (lol could change ten minutes from now) Great looking machines. I dont think they are ugly at all. I like the industrial look....If I wanted it to look like a toy, i would call Fisher price and have them make me one. :)

joeynbgky said:
Ok, so if i buy a Judson, I can start selling them? hmm lol... When I am ready I might drive down to your shop and look at the Judson and talk to you.... I have put my TM purchase on hold for awhile. I would want a TNT though I think........ (lol could change ten minutes from now) Great looking machines. I dont think they are ugly at all. I like the industrial look....If I wanted it to look like a toy, i would call Fisher price and have them make me one. :)

OK!!!

v]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIbjg2uTtdsv]

Bob Foster

Looks like its has low hours too. I bet 12 will get that.

Go for it. Only change up is get a #4 heater for high flow work.

Rachelme123

Name
Rachel Bradshaw
Well..Son...

Let me explain this to you... :!:

The Judson TM..is kinda like a good woman ...that Ain'T that attractive... :idea:
She can do "EVERYTHING"...a "PuRtY" Truck Mount can do..!!!
She stays "HOT"......She has gives great "SUCK".....and ALWAYS.."Gets the JOB done"..!!!
She always is ready to put in a HARD days work....and never COMPLAINS.!!!
She will HUMP your WAND until you lay it down.!!!
She is a LOT cheaper to run...The "PRETTY ONE'S" are HIGH maintenance ....& ....
very tEmPeraMENTAL!
She will always "STAY" with her MAN..."She is a LOYAL truck Mount.!!!
The "Pretty ones"...are always ...looking for GREENER grass...!!!
So they are either .."TRADED-IN".... or ....SOLD for ParTs...!!!

SO THERE YOU GO... :idea:

It is a MATTER of "GeNiTiCs"...TM's /WOMEN.....are Hard to FIND...!!!
Judson...TM's....are Loved & Respected...THEY STAY @ HOME WITH THEIR MEN... !gotcha!
No JunKyArd'S...For the Judson GurlS...Their OwnErs.."Just Keep giving them a FACELIFT.. :lol:
I laughed so hard reading this!
Thank you!

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom