Just bought a hot dog cart

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Lol. Its brand new on a trailer.. Super cheap. What the heck am I going to do with it? Pull it behind my van and offer customers free lunch? Haha

Sent from my g2 using tapatalk. Whofat

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Re: Just bougt a hot dog cart

You seem to be asking the obvious question.
If you don’t know the answer, I’m sure we don’t.
Why did you buy a hot dog stand? :?: :?: :?:

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes

Given enough posts, every thread will eventually digress into a dick joke.
I should have seen it coming on this thread. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John

Do charity stuff with it, they usually supply all the product, and only costs you your time, but have it always towed by your van.... free (your time excluded) feel good marketing. Have a side table/stand advertising your business beside it, or get creative and have a business card or flyer go out with every purchase etc

Mix it up with non charity stuff to make a killing at events, but still have your van there for advertising

John

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey

That sounds good john. I could send one of my staff to sell dogs in front of a bar. Gold mine in this crao I hear lol

Sent from my g2 using tapatalk. Whofat

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo

Joey's Hot Dogs............"The Cleaner Wiener".

24976.jpg

I have heard people with hot dog stands in busy cities make a killing and I mean like 200k per year.

It's so good that anyone new trying to open shop will get run off.

You can't just drive around and sell hot dogs. You need a permit and you are in KY.

I know a lady that drives a truck with concessions or used to drive to construction sites, offices, and other areas. She had a little route. She told me she pocketed around 700 per day working from 5 am to 12 pm. Not bad and all cash money.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum

Remember it's going to take additional, insurance, vendor permits, health permits , food handler permits (for each employee)and regular health inspections,Approved areas for food prep and storage, possible fee for sales locations, additional marketing (for business locations it may take using tweets and facebook to build the buzz)

You'll need a system to track every sale. Here we have a state tax (.5%), a local tax (1.5%)plus, an additional tax for prepared food of 2%. The state will hunt you down and get their tax money or put you out of biz if you don't track every sale.

You also need to have a great and unique product, advertising signage, wrap for cart and uniforms and hats for the trusted and outgoing sales people.

If it was easy the cart might not of been so cheep.

You can't just set up on a corner and make money hand over fist.

Lots of hurdles. Kids can't even sell lemonade on a corner now days without getting shut down and fined by health/city inspectors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p7L3s_g ... re=related

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge

Vendors in town here had a hell of a time setting up carts in our city. They left grease puddles on the sidewalks, and that pissed of city officials. I thin k there might be 1 or 2 now.

I have friends that have vendor trailers, in which they cater to flea markets, fairs, festivales, outdoors events. They work hard, weird hours, but make a ton of money. (plus running a bit of cash through!)

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Everyone's got to eat man....

Last hot dog cart I ate at was parked outside a childrens museum in Phoenix..

It was still early in the day and the dude was sold out of just about everything.

That's a good problem to have. :-)

Might as well have some fun with it.

Congrats!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
325.jpg

You could always get your signage on it and loan it out to ball teams, schools, clubs allowing them the profit over your costs.

It would be good PR and you'd get a chance to meet a lot of people.

gavin

carpet cleaning and food just seems like the wrong mix, van with no windows towing a food cart is just too child mo.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom