Just got a job out from under Stanley Steamer

TimP

I went on an estimate today for a day care...measured it all out and gave her my price. She quickly informed me that I was higher and that Stanley was doing it with protector and all for 450 bucks. My price was around 140 bucks more. I informed her of what Stanley does and that I would match the price but I would leave steps off that I usually do, and clean the carpet their way.

I told her if you vacuum and move everything I'll split the difference and rounded it off to 70 bucks more....anyways I got the job for 520 and I figure it will take me 3 hours....good thing she wanted protector cause I can just count it as a break even with protector and get the job, other wise I might not of come out so good. Funny thing is a local hack did it last time for 250 bucks :shock: And she said it was 250 bucks thrown out the window.....

Only reason I mentioned it all is because of the SFS post.....I didn't have to ask if my quote met her budget she came right out and told me. But I was able to do the razzle dazzle to make the job profitable for me and acceptable price wise for her.

TimP

I left out vacuuming and left the profit on the protector to get it. Also furniture moving will be done by them before hand. They get a pre-conditioner....mechanical scrub where needed, and a high flow flush. Then protector of course. Actually with furniture moving and all I was about 210 bucks higher but I already had the furniture moving discount for them on paper and was 140 higher at that point.

Name
I'm Rick James
With daycares they need to have it cleaned many times a years because of the germs and image aspect. So are you gonna set her up and a cleaning schedule?

:mrgreen:

TimP

I'm sure they will call as they need it....I may mention it. I'll do it as many times as they like this way as they want it. Cause at least it's profitable for me.

Name
I'm Rick James
To be honest few custy know when to clean their carpets. I dont mean to tell you how to run your biz, but these settings with kids they need to be cleaned every 2-3 months if not sooner, just for the health aspect and the custy need to know that if they dont already. This could be a good account that can generate a good yearly income. You gotta make it cost effective for them too, so they can afford to do it more times per year. If you are out there more often you can turna 3 hour job into a 2 hour job or less. :wink:

:mrgreen:

tim

Taking clients from SS is like taking candy from a baby. Unless someone is obsessed with mediocrity! I have cleaned behind them many times, sometimes 1 week later!! :shock:

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Just redid a Venturi job today. I cant even guess what they did to this carpet. They cleaned it last week and it looked terrible. I didnt even bust my ass and I impressed the hell out of the customer. I have been getting alot of Venturi redoes lately for some reason.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
A guy just called me yesterday who saw me driving my van on the freeway.
He told me SS came out to estimate his house but wanted to call me because he liked my van.
I won him over on the phone. I won't steal jobs, but if someone calls me that wants an estimate...they get it... and I will work to get that job.

He just wasn't comfortable with the guys that came out and wanted an owner operator and didn't even know it until I told him.

TimP

I was called for the estimate and I just worked with them to get the job....it's not like I undercut SS :shock: I did get more money out of them however not much. And I was going to match and do the same job cause I'd rather get the money from them as long as they knew that it wouldn't be the best job. It's not like they even did the job before.

I am pretty sure they wanted to use me before I got out there and probably could of stuck to my price but I actually fulfilled the customers wants better....cheap as I could go for them. With them pitching in to get it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom