Just got my 2.5 inch hose

I just got my 2.5 inch hose today. There is no freaking way I am going to be able to use this hose. I knew it was going to be bigger, but this hose is just way too big and stiff for me. I am going to stick with my 2 inch hose and be happy with it. I will be way more productive with the smaller hose. Just thought I would share my thoughts on the subject. I am going to increase vacuum by running two hoses off the Everest and hooking a y connector to two inline filters.

I am definetley shipping this hose back.

Greenie

uh.....pull it out of the box...stretch it out.

It's definitely easier to deal with than 4 to the door....give it half a chance before you regret it....it is winter.

Chris A

Name
Chris
It will loosen up after you use it, I agree, if you set it up right on the reel, its not hard to work with. I have 2.5 set up on my old truck, and going back to using it this week hasn't been a big deal.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Seriously. You gotta try it. The first two weeks suck. Then you get used to it. I don't even notice it anymore.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Quit being a puss. Roll it to the door. Drop down to two inch. Your customers care about your dry times. You should too.

Golden Boy

Who runs it straight to the wand. If I use a 2 inch whip hose, won't that be the same thing as using a 1.5 inch hose and defeat the purpose of using the 2.5 inch hose. If I do use this hose, I am letting any potential customer know that there is definetley an extra charge for a high performance cleaning option.

By the way, my helper freaking got deported last night.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Well what's the difference? so your other cleaning isn't good enough? Well if it isn't getting all the dirty water out of my carpet it's not clean is it?

Just a few questions you will be asked.

Brian L

Name
Brian L
Like Waldo said........that 50' will get you to the door, then use your 2" inside the house. Not really a problem at all.

Like I said, I will probably just use in on certain jobs. I guess it needs to be stretched out and it has been sitting on my porch in 20 degree weather. I got all panicked trying to clean 2 rentals last week. An air cooled machine just isn't going to run hot in 20 degree weather. The next day it warmed up into the 50's and everthing was fine.

Able 1

Name
Keith
2.5 is the best thing I bought in 08'... 50' of the 2.5 as others have said will make a big difference! When you get to that job that's 150' with 50' of it being the 2" then you will notice it even more...

Chris A

Name
Chris
bring it inside and stretch it out in loose coils, that should help.

woodsey

Have you tried it? If you do I dont think you will want to send it back. Very little $$ for a lot of vac increase. Woodsey

SDSinc

Stupid Newbie question....if I go with a 2.5 would I have to make any alterations to the machine? Thanks

Chads

Supportive Member
Daniel using a 2 1/2 hose is like bring your truckmount closer tto the door and then your using your 2 inch if that makes sense.
Sdsinc you do have to add a fitting or make a dual 2inch and y them into a 2 1/2 connector. but thats pretty much it.

Greenie

You just need to convert your machine to accept the 2.5 hose, it's pretty easy, somestimes as easy as purchasing a 2.5 Y connector, sometimes drilling a hole in the lid of tank and mounting a 2.5 hook-up.

I know this company that specializes in these conversion parts.

As for Daniel, now that you've settle down a bit, to answer your question, no putting on a 2" leader is not the same as putting on a 1.5" leader, it's a whole new world. You see regardless of what you downsize your lead hose to, you have opened up the port on your tank, sometimes as much as 102%, this larger opening, combined with the larger conduit (hose) makes for a much more efficient vehicle, the hoses stay clear and move the contents of the hose much more efficiently, making the whole system ready to take the next gulp of dirty water, and actually communicating more airflow and operating lift at the tool.

And yes, someone pointed out, the more 2.5 you run, and less 2" you have strung out, the more all the above is true.

americlean

My wife can roll out the 2.5 at 115lbs. It becomes second nature after using it a couple times. Much easier than 4 to the door. Give it a chance you will love it. Plus cusomers usually havn't seen one that big. Any "wow factor" is a plus.

G

Greenie said:
uh.....pull it out of the box...stretch it out.

It's definitely easier to deal with than 4 to the door....give it half a chance before you regret it....it is winter.

4 to the door is easier for me,just add another 50' section and a lot easier to roll up,and more air flow,but everybody is different in what they want.

Greenie

Depending on the guy, that may be true on a short 100' hose run, but the guys making 150' and some 200' runs fairly regularly, are the first ones to buy a second section of 2.5 right away.

Mike Draper

I currently run 150' of 2.5" and plan on buyin 150' more of it first of may for my large commercial jobs. I seriously can't stand to have more than 25' of 2inch hose on my wand. I like to hear that thing screamin so I know it's workin extra hard to make my carpets clean and dry faster and my custy's happier.

R

R W

2.5 makes a difference....even on a bigger TM like my Genesis. The first hose off the reel is 50 foot of 2", followed by 50 and 50 of 2.5. I just picked up a wye connector from Greenglides for dualing on long runs.

The only bad thing about it is when you're reeling it in on a power reel, and those 2.5's come apart at the connector. It's a hell of a smack to the jaw if you ain't paying attention.

Greenie

poor RW...needs some crappy chinese 2.5 coolcuffs....they won't "come apart" but they might shatter in OH winter...so pick your poison brother!

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Just stick with the 2.5 and don't look back. I run 150' or if needed 200' of 2.5 and a 25' whip of 2 and with a glide and an airmover you could possibly have dry carpets in about half an hour#. (#depending on several conditions)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom