JUST GOT THE CRAZIEST CALL.

Guy said I have some pet damage and I need to get the carpets cleaned ASAP. I said I would have to see it in person and give you a price. He said the cops should be gone by the time I got there. WTH? I get there and there where 6 cops cars and 3 animal patrol trucks. Get this 46 cats 3 dogs and one rabbit and a snapping turtle.

The guy wanted me to clean the carpets and I said I would have to take a look. I about hit the floor when I walked in the place. Now I know why the animal control people had respirators and Tyvek suites on.

The chair that was in the bedroom was stripped. just the skeleton of the chair was left. carpet was about 90% gone in the room. Cats clawed it to death

How should I take care of this? Bac-out? :)

here's the video that made the news.
http://www.katu.com/news/18026074.html?video=YHI&t=a

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Gasoline and a match should give them a fresh start.

Is it on a slab or wood floor? Is there a basement/crawlspace? Most likely the cabinets and walls are contaminated as well, so even if you remove all carpet, pad and tackless and completely seal the subfloor, unless you do major demolition to walls and woodwork it will likely still stink.

Tell them this is not a job for a carpet cleaner, it is a job for a licensed general contractor. Then get the hell out of there as fast as you can! Been there done that and regretted taking it on.

Take care,
Lisa

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
There are some patients who are terminal. This house might be one such case.

That place could also be full of fleas, parasites, a nasty variety of fungal growths, and God knows what else.

Mammals can carry some scary viruses.

There are better ways to make money and get publicity.

Becker

Name
Becker
what did ya bid it at?

did ya upsell the upholstery?

or pass the job on to a real expert.. Triple Crown.

Becker said:
what did ya bid it at?

did ya upsell the upholstery?

or pass the job on to a real expert.. Triple Crown.

I went in there and sprayed a quart of molecular modifier and charged him my $119 Service call.

They couldn't pay me enough money to do that Job. My sinuses are messed up now and I was only in there a minute. I will let Triple Crown have this one. :)

GRHeacock

What I fail to understand is how the house owner can stand the smell.

I have been in a few like that, and it is horrible, even for a few minutes.

Gary

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
This is NOT America..till you can have as many cats...live OR dED as you want.....GIVE 'EM BACK!

Becker

Name
Becker
So true, we have all been around old people like Bob.

They either stink, or they "stink" from to much after shave.. Maybe they think it is waterless body wash.

So whats 46 cats?

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
GRHeacock said:
What I fail to understand is how the house owner can stand the smell.

I have been in a few like that, and it is horrible, even for a few minutes.

Gary

I hear ya Gary. What really throws me for a loop is when they say that can't smell anything wrong, and they're dead serious. :shock: Especially in a place, that you can smell it from the driveway, 25ft from the house!

Yeah,baby. I used to "clean" at this one duplex where the girl did collie rescue. Fresh piss in the living room on top of dried piss. I'd "dry vac" the long collie hair clumps (they were wet) with the hose cuff then one step clean with a heavy mix of deo and emulsifier, all the time the girl is staring at my crotch,totally immune to the horrible smell. No wonder she was single still at 38. Any guy she dated would puke if he went to her house. I almost puked doing the work. Here from WikiAnswers to answer your question Gary:
"Strong ammonia from pet urine can be dangerous if it is in high enough concentration. You can experience a loss of sense of smell, increased heart rate, irritation to the eyes and mucous membranes, lung irritation and coughing, and nausea. Ammonia itself in liquid form is corrosive and in the body is destructive to the cells."

Name
Jesse
The nice lady with 20 cats and the most pissed soaked house I've ever cleaned watched me the whole time. I wanted to wear a mask but didn't for her sake. Half way through she says "boy in this line of work you must go to some disgusting homes, I bet you've got some good stories".

enviropure said:
I'm curious if you took you black light in?

Was anything fluorescent?

Eric

I had it in my bag but there was no need to hang out in there. I would imagine I would have lite up like a X mas tree. I am messed up from being in there just a couple of min. Sinus pressure :(

G

Use some Judson juice on it! take before and after pictures, you might win! :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom