just great.

TimP

I went on a quote last week where the lady called them to clean her tile. She called cause of the 5 cent per ft special....they didn't show 3 times. I went by for an estimate and went over the whole spill.....she's looking at like 800-2300 depending on what needs to be done. She may have mop n glow on her tile....so color sealing may be required to restore it depending. Anyways needless to say I hope it's a job that requires it cause I need the cash big time!!!! If not I'll settle for my 800 bucks in 1 day. :D

TimP

Stanley Steamer special, 5 cents to clean tile is what I understood I was planning on getting some floor stripper if it was mop n glow and do my best. I figured even with the floor stripper it would look splotchy and color seal would be the only way to go to restore it.

They didn't want me to do a test area.....but it sounds like that's going to be the problem. They aren't ready to do it financially so I have time to figure it out.

CapeCleaner

TimP said:
the 5 cent per ft special

Is it .05/sqft or .05 OFF per sqft? If it is the former, I hope they offer that in my area! I'll be busier than ever fixing their s**t a** jobs!

I don't worry at all about SS when it comes to tile and grout. I recently did a color seal job for a woman whose neighbor used SS to clean her tile and grout. The neighbor was not at all pleased with the results and SS's solution was to give the woman some color seal and tell her how to do it herself. Great customer service.

There is no way SS can get in and out quickly on a color seal job and we know color sealing is time intensive. I can't believe they even offer the service.

Tim - Be careful with the mop and glo. If, after stripping the mop and glo, you still see "splotches", chances are you didn't get all the product off the grout and this will effect how well the color seal will adhere to the surface.

G

did a job like that 2 weeks ago; stripped extracted let dry; saw spots where mop and glo turned brown; applied degreaser to spots; let sit for 10 minutes; then extracted; then reapplied stripper and it all came up ; then restripped whole area; extracted with fresh water let dry under fans then applied sealer and came ou great.

What everybody said above is true; that mop and glo can be a pain; just be patient removing it.

Rich Holcomb

They have been advertising tile and grout cleaning on the tv here for some time.

I called yesterday to see what a kitchen and dining room would cost. He said " 139.00". I asked him if he wanted to know the sq. ft. of the rooms and his reply was we tried to price like that and it was to much of a pain so we now price by room .

Gary T

Johnson's Fastrip eats mop&blow for for lunch. It is expensive, but worth every penny.

Name
Bruce
SS has been doing tile and grout for over a year in my area. Since they have started advertising on TV I've noticed a slow down in tile and grout cleaning. For about 3 years I was the only company in my area offering it.

CapeCleaner

Gary T - From whom do you order the Johnson's? Not one one supplier in my area carries it. If I want it, it's a special order with about a three week wait.

Thanks

Gary T

They have them her by me. They have a pic of their van wrapped on the box, kinda silly if you ask me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom