Just ONE Day

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I'm putting out a call for all of us that have gotten so much out of our industry to put one day aside this upcoming year to devote one day to clean for a suitable charity or for those that can't afford to use us. I'm thinking most are slow in February so that may be the perfect time to do this. Thoughts or comments please.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
What if we've already been doing that for years...?

You want a list of people/places?

:lol:

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
i already donate my time to charity. and people in need. but sure one day, i would be willing do do something for free for one day.

Reactions: Willy P

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
put one day aside this upcoming year to devote one day to clean for a suitable charity or for those that can't afford to use us.

As long as they have commercial style carpet and I can encap it, YOU BET!

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Been doing several locations of the local food pantry for years. Sweet and kind nun who runs it always calls Kathie for an estimate;). This year she told me she knows I would not charge her for it but she likes to ask, as nothing should be taken for granted.

Reactions: Mikey P

Able 1

Name
Keith
Good call Willy! Though I do "charity" cases throughout the year it be good to set a whole day aside for it..

Hell, it would be more profitable then running a Groupon..

Reactions: Zee

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Good call Willy! Though I do "charity" cases throughout the year it be good to set a whole day aside for it..

Hell, it would be more profitable then running a Groupon..

Funny you say that... Just yesterday I had a back and forth with a Groupon rep..she would not want to take a NO for an answer. And she started with a lie saying that just a little while ago I asked them to contact me again...(which, I never in my life said to Groupon)

Reactions: Able 1

Able 1

Name
Keith
Yeah, I remember those calls.. Thank god the wife takes the calls now!

I remember one time I took the call while cleaning a rental and I cleaned the whole thing with her on the phone.. In the end I told her "I can't handle any more work, so why would I cut my prices AND give you half? She really had nothing to say.. I thought I would never hear from her again, I was wrong!

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
We do some but could always do more. I am going to reach out for something on Feb. 22 2016. Keep you posted.

Able 1

Name
Keith
OK, let's give it a go.. February 22nd (or close enough) is National give shit away day.. Just one day wgas?

I told my wife she's going to be calling around..

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I have been completely unsuccessful in giving away work. I've spoken with United Way, pastors, hospices (that cared for my parents) and many others.

I think there is a deep resistance to being a "charity case" that comes from Southern pride.

What has worked has been to judge a job on the spot. When someone really needs a bit of love, it is far easier to just tell them "no charge, you are my tithe offering this week."

What we do affects people's lives for good. I think the idea of Feb 22 is teriffic!

Reactions: Papa John

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Cleaning for FREE!!??-- You must think I enjoy cleaning carpet? I only clean my Mom's carpet for free and she has to nag me for a few months before I get to it.. I'm sorta Kidding, we do a few freebies.

Actually Willy, your suggestion is a good idea. I'll mark my calendar for February 22nd.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I'm game. I've done several charities in the past. Canucks place is one. I would get together with several others to do something like that. It's good publicity and gives you that warm and fuzzy feeling down inside. Kind of like eating dirty wool socks

hogjowl

Idiot™
I've got two I clean for every year. That's actually not entirely accurate. One of them I clean for twice a year.

Thing is, I do them on my own schedule and without outside compulsion.

So go meddle in someone else's life.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
I clean every church that calls for 50% off normal price. I need all the help I can get from the big guy. Any time they want it.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Do crack addicts count?
If so....I've cleaned every one in Pontiacrack Mi in the last 40 years for $39.95...2 rms and h.....¿

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom