Just One Question.

vonmosher455

Does a portable like the Mytee M5 have as much CFM as a 6.5 horsepower Rigid shop vac or should i say feel like it does with a 50 ft hose run on the mytee and a 20 ft hose run on the shop vac.
I know I am new to the business but i ran a truckmount today(steamway 2100 powermatic with 2000 hours and in great shape)
and i was not impressed thought my shop vac had as much suck as that did :roll: . and i was going to buy it and i think I will go with my original thougt of saving the money and using a portable.
And can you use a 175 floor machine with a tuway on any carpet for agitation. used a groom rake for agitation today, that sucked :shock: .
Just trying to figure out why i would want to spend that much money on something that did not impress me at all.
Ok sorry thats two Questions. !dork!

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
There has to have been something wrong with the Powermatic. Dirty filters, loose belts, open dump valve or plug line somewhere. There's no way it shouldn't blow away a shop vac.

vonmosher455

The tech said it was workig good, and the first room that we did was dry before we left.
Im new to this business but dont want to get some thing that doesn't work right.
does the portable feel like it has more suck than a shop vac, i would think it does.
Sorry just trying to figure this out before I make a choice.

vonmosher455

good one :roll: guess i deserved that one. was just expecting more from a nice machine like this one guess the price is to good to be true.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Welcome to Mikeysboard Troy! Prescott would be a great demographic for carpet cleaning. I would guess shop vacs produce allot of CFM but have very little lift. Try to find a porty with 2 -3 stage vacuum motors. A 175 W/ nylon brush would be the way to go for agitation. The 2100 is a hell of a machine and might not be a bad choice if the price is right. Have a truck mount mechanic look it over before you buy.

vonmosher455

sorry i was not trying to insult anyone or any equipment in this industry, we used two differnt units today both the same. The one that i was going to buy and the one the tech uses everyday for the company been around tools and larger equipment all my life. And just was expecting more. I want to provide the best service i can for my customers so just trying to find the best equipment i can for the limeted budjet i have. the guy with the unit was trying to tell me that i could not get the carpet dry with a portable. think he just wants me to buy his van and truckmount. :twisted:

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
If the Steamway was running right that’s about as good as it gets. You can only get so much suck trough a wand and it will stay as hot as you could want.

vonmosher455

that for sure, on the heat it did get hot. And the unit worked great, my expectations were to high mabee. Im a Tim Taylor type guy. :lol:

Name
John LaBarbera
vonmosher455 said:
Does a portable like the Mytee M5 have as much CFM as a 6.5 horsepower Rigid shop vac or should i say feel like it does with a 50 ft hose run on the mytee and a 20 ft hose run on the shop vac.
I know I am new to the business but i ran a truckmount today(steamway 2100 powermatic with 2000 hours and in great shape)
and i was not impressed thought my shop vac had as much suck as that did :roll: . and i was going to buy it and i think I will go with my original thougt of saving the money and using a portable.
And can you use a 175 floor machine with a tuway on any carpet for agitation. used a groom rake for agitation today, that sucked :shock: .
Just trying to figure out why i would want to spend that much money on something that did not impress me at all.
Ok sorry thats two Questions. !dork!

That 6.5 hp is bogus. They are playing with the numbers. In reality, you could never run 6.5 hp on one cord. Truck mounts have more power and are faster. The other thing to consider is the up keep and maintenance cost of a TM. Nothing is free, it all cost. TM is money a portable is time? What do you have more of. Sometimes the compromise is time until you have the money. Even when you have a TM you use a porty as a back up or where a TM can't go. Just my opinion.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
either there were bad problems with the vac system, filters gunked, clogs/restrictions or tons of foam in the hose if you couldn't tell the difference from a size 45 blower TM and a shop vac.... :roll:

..L.T.A.

vonmosher455

Thanks for the replys people. I new that a shop vac couldnt hold a candle to a truckmount especially a steamway 2100. I just had to make sure what i was seeing in the unit wasent the norm. I new someting wasent kosher when he did not prevac either job :roll: . and then told me carpet dries from the bottom up :shock: .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom