Just tested out a Blue Line

orbitalclean

It only had a couple hundred hours and was in super clean condition. Its the 50 HP Nissan supposedly capable of dual wanding.

What am I missing??? This thing had maybe a little more than 2x the suction of my old speedster with twin 2 speed motors? I was thinking it would be 10x more powerfull?
I thought it would pull me right away from orbital cleaning but at 10x the cost I am definitely having 2nd thoughts.

To be fair, we did not have the temps up, but other than that, I may have to stick with the VLM method at this point.

Just wish the hOS machine would get the grout lines clean for me. If it could do that, it would definitely be worth mastering the VLm method...

TimP

What you're missing is doing a whole job with it. No need to dump, refill etc. Plus you can't match the heat from a TM with a porty. Also what kind of wand were you running? Was it choked down by 1.5 hose? Where was the lift set. Most TMs are turned way down cause most cleaners out there can't move a wand the way most of the people on the board here run theirs.

Also just cause a machine says it's dual wand capable doesn't mean you will be able to clean with dual wands. Most can't keep up with the heat requirement stock. You really need to have at least a #4 blower a 47 preferable for single wand or larger. A system with very little vacuum restriction also a machine that can offer high heat when running at high flow. Don't look at the baby machines, if you can't afford one of the bigger machines look for a used machine to get you going. Although I went and bought all new stuff when I started I'm able to pay for it no problem with the work I get, well no problem if I had my wife working a second income right now I have to throw money in for slow months to make up for her not working. I can pull out a 2.5+ k week every week with the TM if I had the customers. And a new TM payment average is 1 k so if you work a couple days for your rig and can keep up production the rest of the month it's money well spent...you can't get the money if you can't keep up.

orbitalclean

Yes it was choked with a 1.5 hose in a 10 section from the wand. we had it running at 300 psi.

My style (if it would technically work) would be to set it to dual wand power, up the PSI, ad on a glide and run the 2' all the way to the wand.

Would that be the ticket or would it cook my arms powering the wand back and forth?

I am looking for the quickest, easiest clean I guess :)

TimP

Run 2" hose and wand for sure. Slap on a glide so you can move it, crank up the cfm and the lift. Crank up the psi to around 500 and buy a greenhorn for your 2" wand comes with a glide and angled jets to keep from wetting the backing. Run a rotary 175 to pre scrub traffic areas and you'll be good to go. Also get some parflex thermoplastic solution hose for more heat and no black death worries.

That's what you want to do if you want to clean fast and efficient. High flow, High heat, High recovery mechanical agitation. The best cleaning you can get. You just need to figure out your chems at that point, Judson chems, vacaway, and cobb seem to get good reviews for chems. Try them all out etc and you'll be a high end cleaner in no time. Just don't forget to speed dry with an airpath for dry in minutes guarantee, and groom it so Mikey will love you. Oh yeah and get some 30 or 40 vol peroxide cause Mikey says so.

orbitalclean

Black hose nightmare LOL! I am guessing I know what that is. I can't believe it happened, maybe he hadn't had the pressure up in a while... we started using the tile cleaner on my garage floor (glad it was in the garage) and the pressure hose busted at the wand, spraying jet black water everywhere!!! Is that from water getting outside of the mesh?

Rex Tyus

and the pressure hose busted at the wand, spraying jet black water everywhere!!! Is that from water getting outside of the mesh?

Imagine that happening in a house with a freshly painted wall, or a solid white cotton sofa,.... Parflex is cheap insurance. They may rupture but no black death. :D

danpauselius

orbitalclean said:
My style (if it would technically work) would be to set it to dual wand power, up the PSI, ad on a glide and run the 2' all the way to the wand.

Would that be the ticket or would it cook my arms powering the wand back and forth?

I am looking for the quickest, easiest clean I guess :)

I have a Thermal Wave 5M and that is EXACTLY how mine is set up. No real problems at all physically (If my out-of-shape ass can run it, anyone can) Dual wand setting seems to delivers better heat. Whenever I'm forced to use a portable, I want to hang myself. The Thermal Wave is a great TM.

Mikey P

Administrator
If you only problem is grout lines then by god order up one of those blue swivel grout brushes tonight.
grout-brush.jpg

After you spray down your Oxy Blaster scrub all the grout with one of those (keep a few on hand as they wear quickly) and then mop it up with a Porty or your Jiggler.

You'll be amazed.

orbitalclean

I asked the guy that demoed it "ever run dual wand with higher pressure to one wand?" Nice guy, but he didn't understand the thinking behind that I guess, because he just shrugged his shoulders...

Rocky said:
Did you have it set at dual wand or single wand. Always run it at dual wand!

orbitalclean

Ordered!

LOL "jiggler" That is classic! :lol:

Mikey P said:
If you only problem is grout lines then by god order up one of those blue swivel grout brushes tonight.
grout-brush.jpg

After you spray down your Oxy Blaster scrub all the grout with one of those (keep a few on hand as they wear quickly) and then mop it up with a Porty or your Jiggler.

You'll be amazed.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
the brush is the best tool you can buy if you do tile and grout

a jiggler on T&G will work if you have a tile brush but it throws solution a long way and up the wall

I have a Thermal Wave II for sale, when wanding it is always set at the dual wand speed, better heat and vacuum that way

you can duel wand with it , short hose runs, but it really isn't a duel wand machine, it will only maintain 190 with dual wands, it is a solid and reliable machine

maintains 210 with a turbo viper

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Take a slim block of wood.An drill holes every inch...

Take grout brushes and drill holes...

Insert them into the wooden board,tighten...

Now if you have 6 inch grout lines.Put the Brushes every 6 inches...

This way you can brush each line individually...

Those brushes can be bought far cheaper then at Jon Don...Go to HD,Home depot,Big lots...

Big lots had a clearance of pulex and unger products...

Grout brushes 3 bucks apiece...

One foot grout lines space the brushes more...Bigger board...The center brush is attached to the pole. A little clumsy due to the fact it is homemade.But still very effective...An the ability to hit more then one line at a time...priceless...

Greenie

orbitalclean said:
..Just wish the hOS machine would get the grout lines clean for me. If it could do that, it would definitely be worth mastering the VLm method...

Do you have one of John G's grout brushes for it? those things work well with any OP machine, a grout scrubbin' fool.

ps: It must have been how the BL unit was set up, it has the potential to pull a small child through that vac hose. Next time you look at a unit, feel free to call, my cell for after hours is on the message, I guarantee you will have appreciation for the vacuum of a #5 blower after a few mins. of "adjustments".

danpauselius

I cleaned tile and grout before I had my TM. I used the CCS Conqueror with the tile and grout brush. IMO, it just didn't quite "dig in" the way I'd like. Although, when used as an agitator prior to a turbo type rinse, it is pretty good.

Greenie

to be fair, I had 30 lbs of Ring Weights on my OP, maybe you need to add some weight.

orbitalclean

I added weights but it didn't help. Its got to be the brush... The brush tips are cut at different lengths so as to get into more crevasses but it is just foaming up even the shallowest of grout lines.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I too think the blue brush is the ticket.

How do you get all the residue out after cleaning when using op?. Seems a mop and bucket is needed.

Albert

Greenie

Hmm.....I think my OP brush was white...I could be wrong?
What is John selling these days?

I didn't care for mopping up with cottons, just use the OP for prescrub.

ps: What are you using for your tile juice? and are you giving it dwell time?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom