Just when you think you have seen it all.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
I have been in the cleaning business for a long time and this is a new one on me. I found a rug laying outside in the rain by the door to the lobby of our main drop-off location when I arrived at 6:30 this morning. The attached note was rolled up inside of it:

The rug actually didn't look all that bad, though I didn't unroll the entire thing yet. I have certainly seen a lot worse!

Capture.PNG

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
People, for some reason, think we’re ashamed of them making their carpets dirty. I always tell them, thank you.

It’s the same thing as dirty laundry. They never apologize when they need to go to the laundromat. Lol. I’ll never understand why they apologize to us.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
My son would have written something like that....

Last edited:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I have been in the cleaning business for a long time and this is a new one on me. I found a rug laying outside in the rain by the door to the lobby of our main drop-off location when I arrived at 6:30 this morning. The attached note was rolled up inside of it:
View attachment 89832

The rug actually didn't look all that bad, though I didn't unroll the entire thing yet. I have certainly seen a lot worse!

View attachment 89833

View attachment 89831
Then it got rain washed too! No extra charge hahahah

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
At what point into the rug fag career does the normal human realize his mistake?

Took me about 8 or so big Chinese....
It will wear your arms, back and body out fast.

I just never appreciated rugs enough to enjoy cleaning them. I think you have to like them to enjoy the work. I felt like it was punishment, hot hard, smelly work. I'd rather clean upholstery, less piss, a few more boogers but I can handle it. 🤢

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I enjoy rug cleaning. I hate all the cheap viscose, polyester shag and other ridiculous things they call rugs. I love the fine Persian and other rugs that come my way. I had one large order a few years ago of antique, mostly middle Eastern rugs. I have never seen such beauty and artistry. When you understand how much effort goes into these rugs, you appreciate them even more. It gives me a lot of satisfaction that I can clean and these rugs and bring them back into use.

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I enjoy rug cleaning. I hate all the cheap viscose, polyester shag and other ridiculous things they call rugs. I love the fine Persian and other rugs that come my way. I had one large order a few years ago of antique, mostly middle Eastern rugs. I have never seen such beauty and artistry. When you understand how much effort goes into these rugs, you appreciate them even more. It gives me a lot of satisfaction that I can clean and these rugs and bring them back into use.
Not really. I know the history and while very interesting it doesn't lighten the weight for me as I drag a wet rug across the floor to hang.

I used to like the looks of them but now find they seem dated unless the are light in color. The dark rich reds, blues and black look as old and dated and out of style as I am. 🙂

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Not really. I know the history and while very interesting it doesn't lighten the weight for me as I drag a wet rug across the floor to hang.

I used to like the looks of them but now find they seem dated unless the are light in color. The dark rich reds, blues and black look as old and dated and out of style as I am. 🙂
So jaded.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Not that I know of.

I think using it as a reference takes my odd sense of humor and obscure collection of historical information to put those together for the subject at hand.

Reactions: Brian H

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Cripes DJ, a recent issue of Architectural Digest featured traditional Oriental rugs as the next big thing in interior design. So... they're baaaack.

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom