Just when you think you have seen it all.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
Uhhh uhhh! 🙄

Rugs will always be with us and I would agree on their popularity with so many hard surfaces. But for the GenX and Millennials to want grandma's rug? 😌

And we are finding that they not only want rugs of a similar style to Grandma's rug, they want grandma's rug, worn and all!! Check out one our companies website. The whole division specializes in distressed looking pieces. https://detroitrugrestoration.com/

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Of course we are in a tiny market but I've had many bringing the older rugs in wanting to tone down or change the colors of traditional looks.

Even sadder I had a woman that wanted a estimate on a rug she just purchased. It was from one of the country clubs. The sold off dozens of rugs we used to clean for them. The rug had to be worth at least 10k when new. She bought it for $200.00 and was questioning why it would be $350.00 to clean.

I'd not seen the appreciation from younger generations you are seeing. But maybe it's just local.???

Brian H

Name
Brian H
It is an urban thing too. Lot's of my generation and older wanted to move out of the city and live out in the country. The Millennials now seem to want to move back into the city and experience the whole downtown living thing. New and old apartments are getting to be high demand in the core area of the city. In a way it's nice to see the revitalization of Detroit.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
It is an urban thing too. Lot's of my generation and older wanted to move out of the city and live out in the country. The Millennials now seem to want to move back into the city and experience the whole downtown living thing. New and old apartments are getting to be high demand in the core area of the city. In a way it's nice to see the revitalization of Detroit.
Watch the last Grand Tour episode on Netflix. It was filmed in Detroit. Kind of a sad place.

Name
Bruce
The same thing is happening up here in Bay City, they are turning old down town buildings into condos and selling them before the buildings are even finished. Our mall is just about dead and the down town and the new Uptown are growing again.

Reactions: Brian H

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom