Karastan Smart Strand carpeting

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
One of the apartment complexes I work for started using this carpet about 6 months ago and I can not get it cleaned. food color stains and urine come right out but the traffic areas will not budge.
I had to clean one on friday that was only 6 months old and the traffic areas are black and even after prespaying, agitation and then a rotovac clean they still looked bad, so bad that they had to replace it. I understand the crushing effect of the carpet on these poly carpets but if this what happens after just 6 months then what is the use of this carpet. When I say I have tried everything this is no joke. The apartment complex is starting to doubt my ability because of this carpet. They were told that this carpet will reduce their replacement by 50 percent but it is causing an increase in the number of replacements. Maybe someone here knows the secret to getting these traffic areas looking new again. I have a feeling there is no solution for this problem.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
All it is over-glorified polyester/olefin.

You need a good prespray with solvents in it, and an oxidizer to make the traffic areas look good. As you said it does well with water based stains.

Mikey P

Administrator
Have you tried Accelerated's Clean Streak or Judson's Slob and Gobble yet?

Both are great, no odor, no residue, grease cutters

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Dmreed4311 said:
One of the apartment complexes I work for started using this carpet about 6 months ago and I can not get it cleaned. food color stains and urine come right out but the traffic areas will not budge.
I had to clean one on friday that was only 6 months old and the traffic areas are black and even after prespaying, agitation and then a rotovac clean they still looked bad, so bad that they had to replace it. I understand the crushing effect of the carpet on these poly carpets but if this what happens after just 6 months then what is the use of this carpet. When I say I have tried everything this is no joke. The apartment complex is starting to doubt my ability because of this carpet. They were told that this carpet will reduce their replacement by 50 percent but it is causing an increase in the number of replacements. Maybe someone here knows the secret to getting these traffic areas looking new again. I have a feeling there is no solution for this problem.

I don't doubt the ability of the salesman at the carpet store. Although I might doubt his morals.

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
Mikey P said:
Have you tried Accelerated's Clean Streak or Judson's Slob and Gobble yet?

Both are great, no odor, no residue, grease cutters
Iam ordering slop and gobble on monday

L

LGSTEAM

I used Judson's S&B today and it worked great. I cant figure out how to post a pic of the job?

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I cleaned a carpet for an old neighbor of mine a couple of weeks ago that I suspect is this stuff or the corn based stuff. Traffic lanes are worn down bad. I had her dig out her sales receipt and it was listed as Good Housekeeping carpet. What the hell is that?

Bob Foster

A while back I cleaned a suite in an assisted living complex with that carpet. Probably one of the poorest outcomes of any carpet I have cleaned that presented itself as only moderately soiled. I hit it with everything and every way I could. Ended up post-padding it which only made it slightly better than extraction.

You can't really blame a person paying our invoice to be skeptical of a carpet cleaner justifying the poor result of the cleaning of a moderately soiled carpet on the type of carpet. This make it even more frustrating.

S

sam miller

Extreme clean, energy and a splash of USR also a good citrus doesnt hurt.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
In the last 6 weeks I cleaned about 28 that were put in college apartments. Very abused never vacuummed in one year. I was so surprised........they cleaned up so well and looked brand new. What chems are u using?

Sent from my g2 using tapatalk. Whofat

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
joeynbgky said:
In the last 6 weeks I cleaned about 28 that were put in college apartments. Very abused never vacuummed in one year. I was so surprised........they cleaned up so well and looked brand new. What chems are u using?

Sent from my g2 using tapatalk. Whofat

Your units probably had furniture in them because when a unit is empty there is no hiding the trafic areas, as far as what chems I used, i have tried them all and have spent about 500 dollars trying eberything on the shelf at don Jon and just could not get the traffic areas clean, see in the apartment industry the carpet has to look like new after the clean, a carpet cleaning that might make a homeowner think you are the best carpet cleaner in the world might just get you fired by an apartment complex.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom