Keep a grout inventory list on your phone

Mikey P

Administrator
This is my Nevada list, our California list would probably be three times as long...

Super handy to have when you're giving bids so you know whether to include the cost of the grout and the cost of going to get it..

many customers choose to keep the grout which they can rightfully do since they paid for it but a lot of the move out situations tell me to keep it..

Screenshot_20200605-075759.png

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
I think your making it more complicated than it needs to be

1. prism - custom will substitute US and S
2. Carry a chip chart with you- match as close as possible to other manu's
3. stock popular colors. keep airtight. even if in a zip bag. we use 1/2 gallon containers
4. charge accordingly- the money you save from 1. buying entire box of grout, time to drive to store and back

this would apply if your are doing in more than 10 times a year, aka a professional

Reactions: Fat Mike

Mikey P

Administrator
I think your making it more complicated than it needs to be

1. prism - custom will substitute US and S
2. Carry a chip chart with you- match as close as possible to other manu's
3. stock popular colors. keep airtight. even if in a zip bag. we use 1/2 gallon containers
4. charge accordingly- the money you save from 1. buying entire box of grout, time to drive to store and back

this would apply if your are doing in more than 10 times a year, aka a professional
I guess you don't understand what I'm saying these are colors I physically haven't stocked left over from projects Don't you think it'd be uncomplicated for me to know which ones I have while I'm giving to estimate so that I can reflect the price of either myself or the customer having to go get more and yes I do 5 to 10 a month so I guess I am a professional

Mikey P

Administrator
for my customers and my techs, being prepared is being premium.

I get that certain situations ( move outs, apartments, the colorblind) might not give a damn about color accuracy or long term durability, but I and most of my persnickety clients do.

I'm sure I could talk some into "close enough or good enough" but I enjoy complicating things I guess...

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
well then make sure you mix the entire bag at once for color consistancy, or atleast dry mix, and then take off what you need. It settles, especially driving around in your truck....

then of course do all that, AND mix per manu directions and still run into color shading issues. (except for prism)

It's not like your applying paint, you mix grou t10 times and install under 10 different circumstances and have it cure 10 different colors. This is usally your grays and darker colors

just trying to help you to keep it premium

Reactions: Condog and Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom