Keeping Waste Tanks Smelling Clean (or at least trying)

Walt

I was a pool cleaning tech for a year and I can tell you that using pool tabs is proabably a bad idea. They frequently contain acid. When they dissolve it mixes with the chlorine in the tab. At normal dilutions of a pool, not a bad thing. Sitting at the bottom of a near empty waste tank it makes Mustard Gas. Very bad for your health.

At minimum hold your breath when you start the machine up.

Greenie

That reminds me, I'm cleaning out the shop here at the end of summer, got some good used tanks that i'm gonna sell, got one 300' vac reel too, and some other odds and ends, mostly wands.
Gonna recondition a White Magic 59 machine, and hopefully a Prochem 405 and get rid of them too, Got new pallet racking coming in this week, need to make some room.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Russ Goddard said:
If you drain it regularly and rinse it even weekly, shouldn't smell. For a quick fix you can suck a gallon of bleach thru your vacuum hose.

A gallon! :shock: Try a cup and a gallon of water slosh around till your first job.

Walt

True (for now). I've never actually cleaned it per se. Never will there be a better designed waste tank.

GRHeacock

As I see it, the correct answer is Bac-Out.

Bac-Out was originally formulated for septic tank revival, and to clear clogged sink drains.

I used it for urine, vomit and diarrhea in carpets, upholstery and rugs.

I also put some- a cup- sucked up at the last, after the last drain of the day. there is always some liquid in the bottom of the tank, that can stink because of the bacteria formed there- partly from what you have sucked up.

The Bac-Out smells nice- has a very short odor lifetime. Safe for steel and aluminum tanks.

And if you drain on a customer's lawn, or flower bed, it helps digest any waste.

Gary

Greenie

Whaddaya know about Ford 52hp motors Bawb?
If you saw a pic of the rats nest of hoses that make up the heat management system you'd just hook up propane and be done with it...lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom