Ken Snow's point..................

About cleaners not knowing what there bottom line is till the tax man come is to real.
Funny how were all so worried about marketing and cleaning skill and the FOUNDATION of all business we neglect.

Why in the world with Scott Rendell's BRC systems are we not setting the foundation first ?

Greenie

I would say cause most are carpet cleaners with a good paying job, and not businessmen, what job holder actually knows his employers bottom line?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I would say this is my biggest hang up. I'm a good cleaner but I'm learning the busn side of it. I bought Ellen Rohr's Bare Bones Busn material and that opened my eyes as to just how much I need to make to pay for everything. I figure I am now charging enough but for years I was WAY undercharging, Its no wonder I wasn't getting anywhere.
I'm still learning.

TimP

Luckily I have my wife to handle the paper side of this business. And we hire an accountant to do the technical crap for the IRS. However the way I see it I probably only see 25-50% of what I charge depending on the volume I do. It all has to do with volume. The more you do at a profitable rate the better you do at the end of the month. Being a new business I find it hard to meet the volume that I need. I have gone up and would go up more but competition is the major obsticle. I try to charge as much as the market will bare but I also like to treat my customers right and give them a discount when they make my job easier not to mention get me more work.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Ron & Tim~ I would suggest you find a way to go to SFS. You will get more business information in the 5 day class than I believe you could anywhere else for the time and money spent. It is very directed to the cleaner and can apply to a 4 room 99.99'r like me and a ultra high priced cleaner like Mikey and Howard P. It is business 101 on steroids with learning the numbers from Chuck Violand, Marketing to women from Bill Yeadon and 3 days of Steve holding his fingers up to his eyes and reminding the attendees to look at everything through the customers eyeglasses.

It sounds grueling and is intensive, but the flow is great, the breaks are generous and they feed the he$$ out of you.

Ken

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
Class in Roselle starts tomorrow the 13th!! Am pretty excited about it. :D :D Just hope I learn alot!! :wink:

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I chose to be a carpet cleaner because I didn't want to be a suit. I let the wife and accountant watch the money and I try to enjoy my day. I'm pretty sure stress is gonna kill me so I try to keep it to a minimum.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Ken Snow said:
Ron & Tim~ I would suggest you find a way to go to SFS. You will get more business information in the 5 day class than I believe you could anywhere else for the time and money spent. It is very directed to the cleaner and can apply to a 4 room 99.95'r like me and a ultra high periced cleaner like Mikey and Howard P. It is business 101 on steroids with learning the numbers from Chuck Violand, Marketing to women from Bill Yeadon and 3 days of Steve holding high fingers up to his eyes and reminding the attendees to look at everything through the customers eyeglasses.

It sounds grueling and is intensive, but the flow is great, the breaks are generous and they feed the he$$ out of you.

Ken

the single best thing frank and i did in my opinion..i will be taking it again sometime soon. it is something everyone should take at least every 3 years to keep on top of their game.
dave

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
KevinL said:
I chose to be a carpet cleaner because I didn't want to be a suit. I let the wife and accountant watch the money and I try to enjoy my day. I'm pretty sure stress is gonna kill me so I try to keep it to a minimum.

Thought the same thing until I heard Chuch Violand today at SFS!!! I realize now that I need to know the numbers besides my wife and accountant!!!! All I can say is WOW am I glad I came to this class!! And it is only day 1!!!! :D :D

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
keep this post at the top of the page

im 3 weeks behind in invoicing on 1 account ................all the others got done yesterday (damm you connections damm you)

to stay a hack is so hard ...it's just not worth it

Name
steve snail
I would say cause most are carpet cleaners with a good paying job, and not businessmen, what job holder actually knows his employers bottom line?

Sooo true.

I have a couple of friends that work for the phone company. They voted to strike, I asked them the cash position of their company. Deer in the headlights. No fooking clue

Back
Top Bottom