Ken's Vapair Vent

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Very interesting Ken, tell us how it works. Is it on a thermostat? or do you just run full on until you're done? CFM motor size and amp draw?

Looks well thought out and constructed very strong. 8)

VapairVentBoosterFans.jpg

VapairVentandfartfan.jpg

VapairVentboosterfanwithducting2.jpg

DSC02446.jpg

ELE6400VapairVentSystemCompleteStan.jpg

DSC02503.jpg

ken horvath

The booster fan runs on 31 watts. This is .259 amps. CFM under no load is 226. You can run up to 75' of ducting, which comes with the unit. Venting through the ducting and then through an exhaust fan in the bathroom or laundry room nets you around 100 cfm on an typical setup. Unit is is designed to run continuously. No on or off switch. Not something you want someone shutting off. Works with a 12' or 20' Zipwall pole.

Our goal with the VapairVent (patent pending) was to create the moisture removal capabilities of a large refrigerant dehumidifier without the energy requirement or having a door or window compromised. Although you can duct out a window if you like. We have also used the VapairVent successfully by venting out through the dryer exhaust.

Especially in the beginning of jobs in which you are looking for more dehumidification than you have ease of electrical power, the unit can greatly increase moisture removal from the drying area without hardly using any electricity. Quiet as well. We had it running at the Connections show and no one could tell. I will say that in a home void of the noise in a convention hall, you will hear it running.

We currently charge the same rental rate as a large dehumidifier. Been paid on every job. Interesting enough that no adjuster has even questioned it yet.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Looks like a nice setup.

Ken you feel the cfm is sufficient to provide a noticeable difference in your drying?

Aside from drying, could that setup with the vent cover and zip pole be used to as exhaust for neg air?

Does it seal tight enough for environmental work?

ken horvath

I did a 2 bedroom, hallway & small bath flood in which we floated the carpet. We only used the VapairVent and the photo of the bathroom above is the job. Dried completely without the use of a dehumidifier.

I would say it would not work for neg air containment situations. Definitely not.

You can use it for ducting from an a/c vent to the Phoenix Solution. I have a Servpro in Florida that does this and he says it works very well.

The main thing about venting out of an exhaust fan in bathroom or laundry is to make sure the the exhaust ducts out of the building. Some older homes did not require this if a window was in the room. Good to check first or you may be dumping moist air into the attic. I have not come accross this yet, however, it is something to be aware of.

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
I like the vapairvent idea. Here in New England we have lots of finished basements that get wet and if they have windows most of the time they don't open. So exhausting through a bathroom fan or dryer vent would be helpful. Is one or two air exchanges per hour adequate for restorative drying?
I get $130 per day for my Phoenix 200 HT or $50 for my TES exhaust controller and $30 for the air mover. I assume the vapairvent would rent for somewhere in between $130 and $80 per day?
The Phoenix Solution is 230 CFM, I don't think the vapairvent would be a good match with it.
I went to one of your web sites and see the vapairvent is only $99, very reasonable but you need to buy three for a total cost of $299, what is up with that?

ken horvath

That is for the vent hood only. I'm assuming you're referring to eric at driheat.com's website. The VapairVent system (booster fan, vent hoood, 75' of ducting) sells for $575 retail and you supply the Zipwall pole. Jon-Don was offering $499 Connections show special. We charge $120 rental per day in my area.

I have never personally used it with the Solution. The guy in Florida who does is "very" technically savy and says it works well. The Solution is 8" duct fitting I believe and the VapairVent is 6" duct fitting. Not a perfect match as made. If Phoenix will send a Solution to me for testing I could report more on it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom