kholer engine

Name
margarito aceves
hey guys new to the forum and need some help if possible,,my kholer engine start acting up in the last couple days after I hook up my vaccum line and start the pump the rpms drop from 3200 to about 2800 and I can feel the extra load on the engine few times it also shut down on itself any help please thanks

Mikey P

Administrator
Thats 20,000 hours in Modesto years.

Time to say goodbye to an old friend.

If you don't have a local dealer you trust call Ray Burnfeild at Carpet Maintenance Supply in Redwood City.

Reactions: margarito aceves

Ray Burnfield

Supportive Member
Name
Ray Burnfield
hey guys new to the forum and need some help if possible,,my kholer engine start acting up in the last couple days after I hook up my vaccum line and start the pump the rpms drop from 3200 to about 2800 and I can feel the extra load on the engine few times it also shut down on itself any help please thanks
Are your filters clean?

Name
margarito aceves
yes everything its clean,,my main concern its the engine running @ low rpms, last I check the compression was that one cylinder was lower than the other one,,

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
margarito aceves
yea I have @ local dealer here I may have to go to but thanks for the info about the one in redwood city,,i may also givem a call

Name
margarito aceves
the only thing I remember was that the dealer supply mechanic told me was that one of the coils were bad and that was causing the problem,,wrong he was I replace both my self and no change ,,so I talk to my personal mechanic and he test the compression for me,,

Name
margarito aceves
well I thank u guys for all ur help hope I can fin @ solution asap,,on the mean time I will keep lifting dirt out of those dirty carpets,,haha,,thanks again

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Make sure your vacuum relief is set properly and the sealed vacuum is not excessive - that could cause the increased load, but short of that I agree with the comments offered already - you have gotten excellent life out of the old engine and probably due for a new one!

Name
Todd
How many HP is the Kohler with the 5000 hrs ? They don't last much longer than that

Have you checked the throttle linkage to make sure it is not loose and or vibrating shut ? I have had that happen before on my last TM

Last edited:
Name
Marcus
Agree with the replacement,
I have had 3 kholers replaced...never got over 3000 hours,but I ran them full throttle.
New air cooled engine 2000-3000$
I bumped up from 25 hp kholer to 33 hp generac(2200$)
Generac and Briggs 35 hp are good engines with a lot of torque and saves some $$

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Wow, that's kinda nuts...

Guy pays off his 20k truck mount(5 years) and gets a bill for a new engine...

Reactions: Art Kelley
Name
Nate W.
Wow, that's kinda nuts...

Guy pays off his 20k truck mount(5 years) and gets a bill for a new engine...

5000 hours on the unit, I hope you make at least $100/hour.... Do the math and I don't see how you could complain..... Change out the motor and keep on truckin.....

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I have a 22 hp with almost 6k hours on it. It was running when it was replaced but then it lost all compression. I keep it around for parts. Just go to flory industries in salida. They stock a few Kohler motors and can get them in a few days.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom