kidney stones

BRSUMMERVILLE

In 1976 while I was in Guam, I had the stones. The reason; did not drank the water. I drank a lot of Dr. Peppers (sugar) and a lot of chocolate milk (calcium). The Air Force doctor did not want to do surgry. I was given a prescription and an order. I was order to go to the NCO club and drink as much beer (prescription) as I can at no cost to me.

Bob Rock

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Ron Lippold said:
Well here we go again this one is big, ive been trying to pass this one since sunday afternoon, what a pain. this makes 25 or 26 since i was 17

Geez Ron - you should make a necklace.

DRINK WATER!!! And lots of it. Cranberry juice is good for the urinart tract too.

R

rotovacguy

Willy P said:
[quote="Ron Lippold":2a6vj3w2]Well here we go again this one is big, ive been trying to pass this one since sunday afternoon, what a pain. this makes 25 or 26 since i was 17

Geez Ron - you should make a necklace.

DRINK WATER!!! And lots of it. Cranberry juice is good for the urinart tract too.[/quote:2a6vj3w2]

:lol: That would be a kodak moment!!

Very true about the water. Can't stand the cranberry juice, though!

Jose Smith

Damn, this is the most difficult time I've ever had reading a MB subject.

You guys are scaring the hell out of me.

And I drink about 4-5 sodas a day.

Jose Smith

Greenie

I haven't consumed a soda since this thread started.....but the milk? damn....I love a frosty glass of milk. And to think I just killed a plate of brownies and choc. chip cookies.....I need the milk!

John Watson

Oh the pain, Ron I feel for you...

I, Myself haven't had kidney stones, but in 98 had gall stones and a plugged bile duct. They thought I was having a heart attack. Till it acted up again and they took an ultra sound, (I then asked is it a boy or girl Ive been packing around all theses years, Neither, Oh well.)

in 2008 it acted up again and I then found out that even without a gall bladder you can still make stones, I had stones in my liver and pancreas and almost killed me when they also plugged my bile duct. They now have me on "Ursadiol" a synt byle made from bear byle and it has seemed to do the trick, havent had an inkling of pain or those symtons since...

Jeff

Name
Jeff Sybert
I had one 5 years ago...pain? Thought I was going to die! If someone was standing over me with a gun, I would have said to shoot me quick. Only one thing helped ER & morphine.

Chronic soda drinker since I was a kid. After a little visit with the Doc and he mentioned the dark sodas...I quit drinking soda all together.

Next time I'd drink a gallon of cranberry juice and blow it out hard and fast.

Get a good set of handrails and hold on tight.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
wait until you get an irritated hemorrhoid hanging out your pooper and have to have it lanced open in the emergency room to relieve the pressure, I feel for you

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I've had the hemorrhoid as well. The medicine I was on when I had my wisdom teeth cut out constipated me. From pushing I developed a hemorrhoid, most painful thing ever. Finally couldn't take anymore of it and went to the ER like Steve.

Ron,

Try drinking a lot of water along with some taking Niacin pills. That did the trick for me, I still need to cut back even more of my soda intake.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I have had them 3 times. There's NO pain in the world like that. The third time I laid down a screamed for 4 days until they went in and got them.

Cranberry juice is good for urinary track infection but is not good for stones. That is what my $15,000 Urologist told me.

Soda pop dehydrates you. It is not good for you in anyway. I cut out the pop and only drink it if I am out to dinner or something like that. It has been the best thing for me. Carbonation is bad for the joints ect. Caffeine doesn't help with stones and the Urolodist said it causes stones in many studies. But carbonation is the worst.

Water is the best thing in the world to drink. A little Crystal light makes it go down smooth and has no sugar to keep that belly from hanging over the belt.

rick imby

Name
Rick
I have had one also. I laid on the gurney squirming like a snake that had been run over by a Semi and then the a**hole Semi driver backed up to see if I was OK.

It has to do with the acid base level in your body. There are two types the most common is Calcium stone.

The acid you put into your body has to be neutralized. Also the acid your body creates to break down certain foods that Vegetarians don't eat have to be neutralized.

Your body is one big chemical balancing act and most of the kidney stones are one of the ways it compensates for one of the chemical imbalances in your body.

But Oh My what a pain.

Rick

Name
Evets
Bill, I had stints on both sides at the same time. I don't wish that on anybody.
Taking them out traumatised me for years. Very painful.

Kidney stones are the worst.
I can't stand to talk (or think) about it,really.

Name
Ron lippold
still havent passed it yet. I went to the dr today and they did some test and they said I have a bunch of debris in my bladder i should know more in a few days.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've always drank tons of water...I gave up soda about a year ago....Sugars no good for me.
I hit the ice tea...un sweetened.
Never had a problem with the wee wee.

But I do have a wee wee so I feel for ya Ron (that sounded gay).

If I had "Debris in my Bladder" I would tell the Doc to cut me right now!
No way am I lettin the little guy suffer through all that....what the hell kind of pleasure has your bladder given you ...ever??
Get under the knife hard and fast. Don't F around.

I'm starting a campaign

Save Ron's Willey!!

Name
Evets
Doctors told me I have the highest tolerance for pain medicine they had ever seen.
Two large syringes full of Morphine and I'm was laying on the table TRYING to say I was still in pain.
Hard to speak thru the drooling.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Damn, I feel for you Ron.
I hope this passes soon and that you have the common sense and discipline to change your habits cuz
consuming the same stuff is just gonna lead to more of this.

DevilDog

I have had kidney stones three times. The first time I thought I was dying and sorta wished I did for awhile. HORRIBLE pain.

The second time was not as bad as the first but plenty bad enough.

The third time I would have rather listened to Brevik YAP and YAP and YAP for 10 hours (and that is absolutely a horrifying experience) than have that pain.

As for the commonly mentioned "kidney stone pain is similar to child birth". That is pure BULLSHIT. My mom had kidney stones and four kids. She said having kids was a walk in the park compared to kidney stones. My ex-wife has had two kids and said having kids was a breeze compared to kidney stones.

I know at LEAST 30 women that have kidney stones and most of them have kids and they ALL said kidney stone pain was far worse than having kids.

It is hard to describe the pain, but it is BAD. REALLY bad in most cases.

Having a tube stuck up my dong was almost worse than the pain though. You would think they could use a tube smaller than a garden hose.

So those of you that have suffered or are suffering...I really feel for you.

As for as what to drink...cranberry juice and juices like that are really good. I have not had a problem since I started drinking those types of drinks.

DevilDog

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom