Kiss doorhangers Goodbye!

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
The post office is setting up a new delivery system for marketing pieces. You can hit every door in a targeted area for a delivered rate of 14.2 cents. The pieces can be quite large also. This is pretty good stuff.

usps.com/everydoordirectmail

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I agree, why spend the time to walk around to 500 houses when for $70 you can have a professional piece delivered for you.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Here they charge $60.00 per thousand flyers inserted into the major paper ... Minimum 10,000 inserts. Great deal really!!

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Able 1 said:
Here they charge $60.00 per thousand flyers inserted into the major paper ... Minimum 10,000 inserts. Great deal really!!

That is a good deal. I have found that fewer people get the paper in our area anymore and they need too much lead time to do inserts here. The paper co. Has been a real PITA to do any advertising with the last 2 years.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I guess you would have to pick your route carefully to target just homeowners. Since you have to mail to the entire route. A bad choice would waste a lot of mailings with this shotgun approach.

Would a highly targeted mailing at regular rates be cheaper and more productive in the long run?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Dave- typically only homeowners would subscribe to the paper. assuming it is not a free paper. You can target pretty well so that it is going to the areas that woud be a cleaners likely prospect. Not saying it is a good or bad thing to do.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Sorry Ken, I didn't make it clear. I was referring to the subject of this thread for where the post office will discount the rate if they just have to place unaddressed pieces that go to the carrier's entire route.

Makes it easy for the post office if the carrier just has to pickup a stack.

I was just thinking that It might be good if that particular carrier has a prime route.

If they have a mixed route it could be paying to get your pieces where you don't want them to be.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
It is pretty simple in this area to target the market you want. I wouldn't send anything to the inner city at all. Most if the routtes here run to less than 1000 homes and its easy to distinguish the areas you want to hit.

I don't get excited about much but this meets a lot of my needs at a decent rate. It is also affordable enough for new and struggling businesses to put out a lot of info - since the mailpieces can be larger than postcards.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Chris, Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
This is good.

Dave, the shotgun approach does not always work. However, there are areas and neighborhoods that you pretty much know you'd like to work in.
This cheaper rate, may work quite well there.

Becker

Name
Becker
Thanks for the tip.

I have a permit. But mailings can be a pita.

This seems like a much better option.

I'm going to look into it.

Did you get rate info from the URL you posted?

If I could do standard envelope at .15 each that would be awesome!

Even if a percent get in to not owner oc homes.

I get that with mailing lists anyways.
And a certain number of returns even with fresh lists.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom