Knowing what you know today....

Becker

Name
Becker
if you were to start over in a completely new location. 100s of miles from your current location.

What would you do to generate income?

My house is still for sale, but I'm working on a game plan.

Pro....
I will have zero debt, personally or business.
I know the business, I've been doing it for better than 1/2 my life.
I have a few connections in the new local.

Cons...
The area is a true 4 season climate.
The areas economy is much weaker.
Avg homes are smaller.

I have a few ideas, whats your thoughts?

And don't say YP, Or Val-Pak.. Ha Ha..

Brian L

Name
Brian L
pict17aeh3.jpg

Becker

Name
Becker
Might be goofy, but something about it instantly builds trust with the ladies.

And I'd want to live in Detroit for what?

Luddy, the signs are already printed. ( ya right )

How about false advertising, with a hot girl in a bikini cleaning?
Seems to work for the coffee stands around here.

I was thinking of going to work for Coit 1st for awhile.. :D

Name
I'm Rick James
Hey Don,

Yeah whatever happens, happens. It would be nice but I understand that things change. So no worries.

1. You should go Green and run with that. :mrgreen: Beee different from your competitors.
2. Open a kiosk at the downtown mall selling Green products and Green related products, while cross promoting your business.
3. Hit up the Green blogs and local Green events. Green is big there too.
4. Hire a good looking male or female to walk around knocking on doors selling your product. Beats door hangers.
5. Hit up the real estate offices, giving them free coffee mugs and other items with your name on it. Then repeat.
6. Postcards :shock:
7. Focus on getting on the news are have a newspaper artical written about you.
8. Good referral program, pay cash or give out gas cards.
9. Maintenance Programs, offer good discounts to get back into the customers house. They always buy more.
10. Obvious commercial work.
11. Maybe the "local" business will allow you to advertise in their business.
12. Handout your business card everywhere you go. Have a offer on the back of it.
13. I use to keep busy cleaning RV's for clients like RV's Northwest on Division and one out by Liberty Lake.

Thats all I can think of right now, I got my kids fighting in the other room. Green may not be for everyone but it is the BIGGEST thing in cleaning now and its the talk of the internet and media.

Good Luck.
:mrgreen:

ScottM

Name
Scott Moody
So you want to instantly build trust with the ladies.

According to the Joe's "Pink" Flyer, all you need is the mystical CD and Ladies will fall at your feet. :roll:

Now I am ROFLMAO.

Becker

Name
Becker
How long will it be before those saying they are green but are far from it. are found out?
When will the gov regulate " green"
When will green be defined?

IMO, a green cleaner would not use a gas TM.
Emissions on my slide in are not that great.

I'm not knocking the "green clean way"

But right now it is like saying these chickens are free range. (means nothing)

A side from that, you have some good ideas Brent, and one day you will succeed!

Thanks Marty,
Look gay huh?
Never been accused of looking gay, far to ugly and non metro for that.

Well I've never had one worry if the fridge was going to be raided while they left me alone to work.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Don

I would do a few of the things brent suggested and also join a BNI or Letip group, maybe 2 or 3 of them if allowed.

Mikey~ we only hire em green.

Name
I'm Rick James
True that Don there is alot of Green Washing going around. I am not 100% Green cause I use Gas but the next rig I buy is going to be as green as it gets same with the TM, even if it cost extra, I am willing to pay it. I do use recycled paper and my invoices and other handouts are seeded so they can plant it. :shock: My uniform is all natural. My chemicals are all green. I would like to filter out the waste water and reuse it only if it can be pure. Ect........ I really try not be a hypocrite because so many are.

I heard in LA or some place like that, that they are using goats to clear fields and saving $10,000's. :roll:

I need more money and time till I will be 100% satsified with my product.

:mrgreen:

Becker

Name
Becker
My uniform is all natural.

Hemp?

You have thought this out!

Go to the local dealers and bribe them for a list of Hybrid buyers. :D

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Very rarely as almost 80% of our clients buy Scotchgard, and often add more rooms or upholstery after they have been wowed by the results, but thanks for asking.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Ken Snow said:
Very rarely as almost 80% of our clients buy Scotchgard, and often add more rooms or upholstery after they have been wowed by the results, but thanks for asking.

Hey, I was just curious. I know what you have going is good, I on the other hand have higher prices custy's rarly buy protectant, and I don't push it much yet.

Keith

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
if its a small area, see if there is a local paper, or a local busn directory.
Send out a flyer in the local paper. Get lots of testimonials from your previous clients.
local chamber or a local BNI
Go to the hair salons and see you can wrangle a deal for some advertising there.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
considering you were succesful where you were why not put out the Best Carpet cleaner in ''''''''city is now in""""""""city and a whole diatribe about why you should be their CC of choice it isn't price it is quality of work, honety, integrity etc etc. The green thing is great if you want to reinvent yourself but you don't you want to keep doing what is successful. Just prorate your old rates with the economy in your new area.

Becker

Name
Becker
LOL, Good idea Greg, but we are talking and East West thing.

WA might as well be 2 states as differ as east is to west.

Democratic/Republican

In other words, if I did that, it might not be as bad as saying the best California cleaner is now in WA.. But close.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
maybe dress up like a cowboy and say that the bi/gay curious guy from the village people is now cleaning carpets

My idea would still work you would just have to get someone into the neighborhoods you want to work IE door hangers etc Val-Pak and stuff like that doesn't work for higher priced 20 yr experienced guys. You need to let people know that there is a new sheriff in town and talk about why they should choose you.

Becker

Name
Becker
Another Pro:

I moved here from this town in 2001 and go back often.
So I can fake it as though I never left.

Meaning I won't come across as an outsider.

This city is not to excited about outsiders, and is slow to change.

The city votes down anything and everything new, till the city council just finds a way to get it passed.

OH did I say how much they hate Western WA?

I will say the city has changed a ton in 8-10 years.

I agree, telling them why they should hire me is good, but claiming to be new in town just might get me lynched.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
if you were to start over in a completely new location. 100s of miles from your current location.

What would you do to generate income?

My house is still for sale, but I'm working on a game plan.

Pro....
I will have zero debt, personally or business.
I know the business, I've been doing it for better than 1/2 my life.
I have a few connections in the new local.

Cons...
The area is a true 4 season climate.
The areas economy is much weaker.
Avg homes are smaller.

I have a few ideas, whats your thoughts?

And don't say YP, Or Val-Pak.. Ha Ha..

yeah you keep giving me new info. Then change and say "Blankety blank town has been so good to me I want give something back with every purchase made now through christmas 10% will be given to the local blankety blank childrens fund, I would encourage all others who don't use my service to donate but there is added incentives to using your local carpet cleaner such as

make sure you hop onto some local boards, such as B&G Club or YMCA or work on a political campaign but be nice to the opposing candidates

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom