Knuckle valve

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I was reading all the the post reguarding the knuckle valve on the ICS board.. and this one

Can we put on on the Vortex? is it worth it?................... what does it do?

how does it help ?.....how much are they?

Do they come preset for each different machine ??

I was going to put one on the CDS but never really done that much homework or shoping around for them knowing I was not going to be selling it or just parking it

Learn me something here

Thanks...........

Mikey P

Administrator
I dont know about a Kunk but I tried s different Baycos this week and the 15"er would stay open all the time and screech like a Banshee while the 18"er would stay topped off at 19" way too much for my comfort zone.

No happy medium.

If there was a 3" port on the V I bet the Bayco would work fine.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
So, I assume that if a K valve would work it would replace this

100_2268.jpg

Please explain the to me and let me know what to keep a eye on as far as problems that may happen

I have a new spring that Jon bought and left in the truck

Mikey P

Administrator
That is a slightly different style then the one that comes on new units.

I have mine set to max out at 19", which it does only when I cap it off with a short hose run.
When I have 100 to 200 feet out and the wand on the carpet the HG gage will read around 18" with two wands out some where between 15" to 17"

I did notice a difference with the Bayco which would pretty much get it to 19" all the time until it "broke" and the hg's would drop to 17" for a few seconds. I talked to Shawn about running the unit this hard and he was not happy about it.

Greenie feels it would be OK, but Greenie ain't gonna buy me another blower if this one fries.

To be honest on most pile carpets it was too much suck. It actually felt like a smaller, let's say 45 blower with no glide on......F that!

Maybe if I used a 1 1/2 wand with a whip I could pull it off all day but then what would be the point...

Greenie

Even in the 17" - 19" range, it would have been LESS overall strain on the system than the current spring relief at 19".
That relief just pulls and pulls, the harder the blower sucks, the more it pulls. At least the Bayco opened, breathed in fresh cool air and closed again, giving better net vacuum. I believe it would have functioned better in the 17"hg range if it was installed on a 3" pipe like other 3" valves instead of that 2" pipe the vortex uses.

We'll see how an AT does with it at 18"hg in a few days.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom