Kudos to Von Schrader

Rex Tyus

Now I am not condoning nor condeming the method it self. I am merely reporting on my being impressed with the durability of the equipment it self.

Roughly 8 or nine years ago I arrived at my shop ( a half broken down a frame shack with a ply wood floor) of the time and was so disgusted with the VS system I snatched it out of the back of my van didn't bother to even rinse it out much less oil and prepare for a long humid semi exposer to the elements storage. I literally just threw it in the old shack that had roof leaks and one whole side missing so it was practically exposed. Last week I went over to that old house and shack and pulled that thing out of the mess that was pilled on top, brought it back to my current residence and shop. Knocked the dirt dobber nest off of it plug it in for kicks and HOLY SHIT it ran just like it did when I threw it to the wolves. Now of course hoses gaskets on other things of that nature need some attention, but damn this thing still works.

If you got sucked in by the entrepenuer ads from VS the way I did. I pity you having to work so hard. BUT, fear not the quality of the unit. It will take a licking and keep on ticking.

Damn I am still amazed. After some adjustments this thing is gonna make a great lightweight prescrubber. With a 5 gal solution tank remove the vac hoses and foamer replace with a pressure pump and some jets and bingo here we go. :mrgreen:

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Those ads were the introduction to carpet cleaning for many of us in the 60s and 70s. I bought a VS2 ( the upholstery deterger) and it worked great when I added a Kleenrite upholstery tool hooked up to the customer's water faucet with the VS2 vacuum hose.
I just used my 1970's cleaning machine made by a local guy called the Vac11. Used it for 10 years before I got my truck mount in the 80s. Still works just like it did when I put it in the celler in 1987.

Rex Tyus

Art you make me feel like and idiot with that 60's and 70's comment. The ad worked on me 1999. :oops:

admiralclean said:
I tried to tell you not to buy that thing, you stupid redneck.

Yeah buddy, that was my 2nd year in buisness,.....saw and ad in Clean fax...hmmm... wanted to set myself apart fom my competiton (dry IN 1 HOUR)... ...lol...yes stupid.

John Watson

Hot Damn, I never thought of that, Just run the brush which on my old black one is adjustable, don't remember it being so on the newer baby shit yellow VS1 I picked up for $35 and sold for $650 back in 93 Some guy in Florida wanted it a whole lot more than me he set the price after I sent him the serial # and photo's, Told me later he would have went as high as $800. if I had dickered, Told him no I was plenty happy..

heck, like you said, you don't even need to run the vac motor neat idea, wonder when I will get to this progect now????

Rex Tyus

Bob, I ask this respectfully, does it piss you off how much you have to spend on defoamer? I literally paid my first BANE lease with the money I was spending on defoamer each month.

But, they truly are put together well. I really am impressed with the quality of the machine itself.

Scott

We started off as a housekeeping company in 1983. Later that year we expanded into "carpet cleaning" with the Von Schrader machines. In late 1983 I told dad and mom that I was joining the Air Force 'cuz I couldn't see a future in carpet cleaning with that method.

10 years later, in 1994, I returned to the business when dad became un-brainwashed and tried a truckmount. I was sold and eventually bought him out.

The rest is history.

TimP

An institution that I had been using a VS had been doing their own carpet.

I easily did the carpet job for what they were paying in chemicals to do it. Not only that they said I did a much much better job than the VS.

I don't see how anyone can make money using the VS.

John Watson

Anybody else use the VS machine for a pre scrubber. Just looking for feed back ? Not knocking the method.

BRSUMMERVILLE

Rex,

I have no problem with the price. Since using one ounce at a time. VS recently improved that product and the price did not go up.

Bob Rock

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Never used the carpet machine.

Still have the old VS-2 for upholstery.

This sat in the shed for years until I tried Releasit in it which did make a big difference.

Not long after I started using Releasit in the VS-2, I saw the demo that Gary Heacock did at Mikeyfest a few years ago with a drill.

Greenie also had a big yellow mammoth of a polisher that he demo'd.

This was all on the forum here.

So I got myself a Makita variable speed polisher and that is now my main instrument for upholstery that is not hwe, or as a scrubber prior to hwe.

The VS-2 is big, heavy, bulky and a pain to set-up.

The Makita is light, small and a pleasure to use, as well as quiet.

My carpet scrubber is my CMX-20, 90 rpm model.

Ooroo,

:roll:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
they are indeed well built.
I'll give 'em that

as far as pre-scrubber, I guess if you want to utilize what you have available it should do a fine job.

However, IMO, a rotary w/tank is more efficient and also better at shearing soil off fibers
also minimal/no concern with snagging a loose yarn on loop piles.
(One of the ugly realities that can happen with "any" cylinder brush machine )

..L.T.A.

Back
Top Bottom