lame March

topnotchman

I dunno about you guys, but business has come to a stand still the last 2 weeks. Not even the phone calls for inquiries. Yep the phone still works. I looked at last March's numbers.. and I had a big gap of no work in the middle of March also. Wonder if its because of Spring breaks? Tax time? February was great, which was unusual. I finally booked 1 job next week, yay!

Anyone else having a real slow March right now?

Name
Lee Stockwell
That's usually part of the normal ebb and flow of business.

When the jobs aren't on the books your JOB is to make it happen. Go to work every day with a list. Personally call on three different commercial accounts. Call back on every customer you worked for last month to solicit complaints...then get referrals.

Spend two hours each ldle day making your truck and equipment look better. Park your truck in different visible locations. Leave your four-way flashers on if you're brave.

Lots more....

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I couldn't agree more. Where as we did gangbusters vs last year for Jan and Feb we're just barely meeting last March's numbers. What's up with that? I suppose with this wishy washy economy we will see this many times this year.

I have kicked up our marketing stuff for next week and first week of April, and mailed out Spring Cleaning Newsletters this week to client base, so we'll see what happens. I was trying to hold off on advertising/marketing to see if we could make a good run without it this year (so we could turn a better bottom line) but, not there yet. I suspect it will be another year before we might be able to cut back on advertising. Crap I was hoping to make some money this year!

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Our cleaning numbers are down but our retail side has picked up quite a bit. There are alot of factors for slow business.. the whole health insurance deal and people waiting to see how that flies, people waiting on tax returns, or using tax returns to get new floors so they put cleaning off.

Name
I'm Rick James
March has been slow, not because theres no work, im just not doing a good job at getting new clients. If i want more clients I personally need to do better and work harder. The chaos in my life is calming down and hope to get my shit together for a successful marketing campaign.

The business is you and if your numbers are down, you gotta ask yourself "what can I do to change that". I have 3 kids so not alot I can do out there for business, but I can be setting up a facebook account, work on a marketing plan, sign up for the free business listings and so on.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Good for you in acknowledging the biggest problem in any business Brett, the face in the mirror. Recognising that is the first step in growth & change. Best of luck in your pursuit!

Ken

Warren Wallace

Supportive Member
Been so slow here my tech just quit yesyerday :evil: guess i'll be working harder until i can get a new side kick..

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
First part of March had me worried but Feb did really good. Two commercial accounts made up for the whole month this month...which is nice....now if they would just pay me. :shock:

Second two weeks look and are looking really good.
I am up 20% so far this year and I am usually about even at this time.
so I am hoping to be up 75% by the end of the year.

I was up...I believe it was 54% last year? Hell, now I want to go look. ugh.

It's nice to be able to work on bringing in more clients all day instead of answering phones and scheduling jobs.
Have I mentioned that Full Circle is more than just an answering service?

:mrgreen:

CleanEvo

March has been really good for me, but hey, I really needed it... January and February were down almost 50%.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom