Laminate flooring

glenboy

Name
GLEN
Has or does anyone on here steamclean laminate slat flooring? I did one today....sprayed it with leftover Enzyme pretreatment...dwell 5 mins..and steam it with Gecko wand....Dried with Studebaker...
IMG_20141226_130121660.jpg
IMG_20141226_125847796.jpg
IMG_20141226_130121660.jpg
IMG_20141226_125847796.jpg

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I would never steam clean laminate floors with pressure, I would think it would get in seams and swell the joints.
Which is what I tell people who ask.....now will it...I dunno, but why take the chance

My bud does them all the time in group homes where they get soiled bad....no prob.....
But is it actual laminate with tons of seams?? like I said...1 time might not kill you, but if it is any type of quality of flooring, that is smooth...then a good mopping with your choice of disinfectant should work.....

I have seen a few floors, that have had something done, because you can see the swelling or peeling of the floor....

NOT something i want to come back and bite me......

which is why i shake my head about putting finishes on laminates......they are made to FLOAT, which means the seams move around....why put a "solid" something on it, that will eventually crack???

hogjowl

Idiot™
"Laminate" flooring is either wood or plastic (think Pergo). Wet cleaning isn't recommended for either; however, I've talked to a few who have successfully HWE cleaned wooden laminate using low pressure. I don't recommend it. Plastic laminate flooring always has a composite wood based core that WILL come apart on you if you steam clean it.

Like I said above, I don't think what he's showing is actually a laminate floor . I think it's probably a vinyl plank floor. If it is vinyl plank, he may be able to wet clean it successfully. I certainly would test a patch first though, because some vinyl planks will suffer end joint seperation when exposed to hot water. You don't want to eat a floor because you've been foolish.

glenboy

Name
GLEN
The reason I did it is because I did a few slats days prior and no problem on the return..when these floors are sticky nasty dirty...extraction seems like a thorough way of removing soil...I would be happy to take advice for future...

hogjowl

Idiot™
The reason I did it is because I did a few slats days prior and no problem on the return..when these floors are sticky nasty dirty...extraction seems like a thorough way of removing soil...I would be happy to take advice for future...
You've not addressed the question over what it actually is. Do you really know ?

glenboy

Name
GLEN
No I dont....the customer just bought the home.and he has no idea either...just spoke with him today and he is happy as pie...I will not make this a regular practice

Mikey P

Administrator
Some of the new high end "Pergos" are of a hollow plastic I beam construction.

Designed to survive flooding..

But spritzing with a neutral cleaner and buffing/ mopping w/ @175 is what we do on occasion.

glenboy

Name
GLEN
This seemed more high end...very nice wood grain texture...just clogged with heavy soils....unlike pergo type flooring which ive seen buckle from wet mopping.....

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
This seemed more high end...very nice wood grain texture...just clogged with heavy soils....unlike pergo type flooring which ive seen buckle from wet mopping.....

Must be my screen.

Is that grout?
cant tell if its real or fake with this screen.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
It's pretty easy to tell the difference. Laminate has a hard surface and vinyl plank will be soft, more like sheet vinyl.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom