Lappin it up with Ron Lippold

Mikey P

Administrator
-I believe you just somewhat recently got into carpet cleaning, why would you do such a thing?

-Who suckered you into a Vortex and do you have any regrets?

-What is your most effective form of traditional marketing?

-How is the Albuquerque economy treating you?

-Did that wolf's nuts scare off all your girlfriends and why aren't you married by now?

-SFS?

-Please tell the Service Magic/gay bar story and how you plan to get even.

-***?

Name
Ron lippold
Well I started cleaning in 1991 after I got out of the Army. It was one of those dry shampoo guys, shortly after that I went on to a bait and switch company for a few years. I started my own gig back in 94 and worked it until 97 yes I made all the mistakes up and down. Ended up running my dads auto repair shop from 98 till 06.

Yes the Vortex. When I decided I was coming back in I started doing some research. I knew I did not want to make the same mistakes as last time. I Love that machine and the wrap that Shawn came up with. I think it really helped in the beginning {walk ups and drive bys}.

Well I love my yp ads. I do several post card runs a year. I am in a couple of news letters that go out to the high end hoods. And yes I do that sm thing. it takes time and sometime you have to put up with the occasional Jack Ass or two. All water from that is back under the bridge.

The economy here is just like everwhere else. I just try to focus on the parts of town that the people still have cash and dont want to do it themself.

Old maku was a huge part of my life, I took him from his mom when he was 12 days old. I havent diceded if i want another one or if its time to give half my money to some chick.

And yes SFS is a fantastic course one of the better one that I have done.

Just a big thanks to you Mikey and everyone that has helped me along the way.

Ron Lippold

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
when Ron first got here, I thought he was nothing but a big blowhard wind bag and I enjoyed throwing rocks at him :evil:

Some where along the line my 'tude changed toward him

I actually like Ron now and he's become a welcome addition to the board

..L.T.A.

G

All you butt kissers forgot to tell him how handsome he is; and ask him if he has done any other strippers homes lately?? And do you have any pictures to share??

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
What flow are you running now, day in day out?

Have you reached the ceiling of your machine capabilities.

Do you think you provide a better flush or is it more about speed?

John

Name
Ron lippold
Thanks guys for all the kind words.
Steve yea we do alot of tile and stone saltillio and polished concrete. If I could do nothing but hard surfaces I would there is alot more money in it, and the difference is way more dramitic.

Jim its been a few years the last go around was in the Legends series and if we were running good we would lap them twice in 30 laps, good guys they just had a better name and more money but we were faster.

John when we dual wand we run a total of 42 flow and yes that is about the max my pump will put out, however I did play around with 30 flow and single wanding its ok. As for the job it does its pretty awesome. I would bever go back to the high heat, It just requires to may passes. I clean with water atm at about 230 and it works real well.

As far as a woman and a wolf I wish, mary ann just could not handle the old dog in the house, but Im looking.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Ron, now that we are best friends, I don't want to risk getting on you hit list again.... But! -

Didn't I read a vortex ad in cleanfax or ICS with you in it that said something about 300 degrees of heat all day long? I remember asking around to figure out how somebody used that much heat safely...

Was that you or am I confusing things? I know you were in a vortex ad where you suggested everybody buy two, and get one just for driving around to book estimates.

This was at least two or three years ago.

Name
Ron lippold
Jeff Im looking to invest in a dead hooker removal service it might be cheaper.

my good buddy gary I could run 285-290 with six flow but that would be like using a portable again with a propane heater, I like the flow

Jeremy i think I used that flyer in the wrong hood but I may revamp it

Name
George Valliant
Yo Ronnie!

It was good drinking with ya yesterday! I am a little concerned about the way you water down you Jack Daniels though. But, we'll work on that and have you drinking it straight-up in no time :-)

Btw, Donna called looking for you. She wants to oil-up your bald head and have you rub it all over her naked body!

L8t

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
eeeewwwwww...it's all sticky in here.

Rons a good guy. I can respect anyone who will help someone else and not expect anything in return.

So how many employees do you have? If none, what are your plans?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Ron is a true pro and the best thing that can be said about any of us is "you can really run a business" and Ron is one of those guys who can really run a business.

Name
Ron lippold
Right now I have one good guy, he has a real good eye for the cleaning and is ocd as hell for grooming the carpet. I feel that I could turn him loose now but with the way things are now we will keep riding as a team. I feel my market could support another couple of trucks, thanks to sfs when the time comes Ill be ready to jump.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Are you still planning on running V's when you eventually expand? Will they be nice shiny new ones or used, since the techs will beat the hell out of em anyway?

Name
Ron lippold
I think that if you pay them well and let them know what you expect and there is a little respect things go well. Lance takes real good care of thing. For me I kinda look at it as cost of doing business. If I had to re wrap it every couple of years thats just business.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Hey Ron, in Tombstone now, had a great steak with green chillies around the corner from the OK Corall.
Had a great soak at the spa in Truth or Consequences.
It was nice to see you again, in Albuquerque.
We really enjoyed our time New Mexico.
It seems that the State had more than it's share of Bad Asses, Hmmmm

:mrgreen:

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Ron is one of my favorite guys to hang with at Connections.

A good guy.

Needs to stop smoken :D :D

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Ron seems like he's got his sheet together. Provided some great tech support on some saltillo I did some time ago.

I wanna be like him minus the bald head :lol:

Albert

Name
Ron lippold
I have used them on a floor that was already finished but they have silver backs coming out soom maybe next month.

Tony thanks for the steak and drive safe.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
c_adkins said:
Are you still planning on running V's when you eventually expand? Will they be nice shiny new ones or used, since the techs will beat the hell out of em anyway?

If you set a plan in place for them to take care of the equipment each day, this won't happen.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom