Largest wdr job!!

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
A school and gym.

It really wasn't that hard or labor intensive.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
A medical building, all mitigation, no put back, 95K.

HOWEVER I just billed the three we did last week :redface: and well...
$989.00
$677.00
$417.00

Hopefully the ones we did Saturday are bigger.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mark Saiger

Chris A

Name
Chris
None for me because we don't do wdr, but we have been called in to help extract on a couple $1,000,000+ jobs, but I'm sure that included rebuilds too. For one we had to put our trucks on a semi to cross through the floodwater to get to the flooded building, That was some crazy shit!

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
69k mold job for the FBI building downtown Salt Lake.

Water mitigation was slightly over 100k down by Jeremy and Michael(okay well sort of by them) when hurricane Ike came through. I know we did the rebuild but had to sub a lot of things out - no clue on that total. House was quite a few million don't remember exact but somewhere around 18 mill. They had Italian marble that was busted up from the water, and a tree coming through the house knocking out/supporting two load baring walls. We ended up having to take sledge hammers and jack hammers to get it all out, and jack the walls out to get the tree out. Over 6200 sq ft of marble floor.

The homeowners weren't living there at the time because they had another home somewhere else and a caretaker had taken me in to do initial inspection. I about crapped myself when I saw the tree and the lady nonchalantly asked me how long this was all going to take. Mind you I was 21-22 at the time. I said well ma'am I'm not sure but I think those are load baring walls which means this one is going to be fun. We ended up getting the original builder out there with blueprints and a structural engineer.

Name
Lee Stockwell
$14k job in 96. It came out great, lot of work.

Have steered clear of most since, other than extraction.

Justin is moving back into it in a big way.

Name
John
How do u guys get these large mold jobs??? Are they commercial settings or what?? What's insurance normally pay on some policies 2500.00- 5000.00?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You asked for largest, not average.

Average water loss is around 2k
Average mold remediation around 5k

Every year we seem to hit one home run. Last year we had a 100k mold job. Personally the two 50's were less pressure and easier to manage than the big one. As are the 2-5k water losses

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
On mine I spend about 3k on day labor and managed the job myself. All of my other regular employees were tied up elsewhere. I was shocked SHOCKED when I finished the deal and saw my total. It was mostly equipment that cost so much. One of the smoothest jobs that I've had out of the larger jobs. I've had 10-20k dryout that gave me more trouble and stress.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Every year we seem to hit one home run. Last year we had a 100k mold job. Personally the two 50's were less pressure and easier to manage than the big one. As are the 2-5k water losses

Yeah our large mold job was quite a hassle. They had everyone at the job site - OSHA, EPA, and code enforcement. We passed post testing with flying colors and the prop manager that owns the building gave us all the janitorial and commercial carpet cleaning. It was a 9 story building if I remember right. They had us remove all of the glue down carpet in the suite above so they could remodel afterwards. I stuck someone else on that one. :lol:

Those 2-5k water jobs always seem more profitable and less labor intensive too. Extract water, move contents, little bit of demo maybe, set equipment, and monitor.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The one last year was at a church. The gym and halls were cgd carpet. We subbed one of those ride on scraper guys to peel up the carpet and I bought one of those giant rubbermaid contruction carts and we just tossed in in to it and rolled it out to the roll off and dumped it. It has a tilt frame. We don't use it often, but its paid for itself in labor savings.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
A medical building, all mitigation, no put back, 95K.

HOWEVER I just billed the three we did last week :redface: and well...
$989.00
$677.00
$417.00

Hopefully the ones we did Saturday are bigger.
how many guys do you have working these jobs?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
how many guys do you have working these jobs?
12-15 guys and we could have used 5-times that. It was a killer week of drying followed by three supervisors going through with thermal cameras for a day verifying all ways dry but some stairwell areas that needed to be removed.

Name
Ralph Pastorelli
we did a county court house $41 k and a few around $20k but most average $1500 -2500 we did a fire loss $58 k but don't do much mold just smaller fast jobs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom