Larry Cobb, have you tested this?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
THE BEST way to test is squirt a little in there and see if there is a fireball. :eekk:
J/K

I'd keep it low to the ground and not let it get into the air so much. Don't over apply and if it does smell too much like solvent take a few minutes and air out the house.

Chances are its not a problem, it would have to really buildup vapors near an open flame to blow you all the way to Texas. :winky:

More likely it would blow you into the next yard. I hope Larry has good insurance. :p

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Seems to me that both of you are equally right.
Larry's business may benefit from putting more emphasis on health concern regarding chemical content of his products.
Which does not make his point about testing any less valid: http://mikeysboard.com/forum/showth...ience-Manufacturers-Need-More-Product-Testing

Which is what this new thread, I suspect, is a reaction to. Unless, of course, it pisses off an interested (invested) party.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Mike,

You should have no worry. Those products don't meet CARB regulations for VOC content anyway, and are hence not permissible to ship into California. No legitimate company is going to ignore the law, which might get you in trouble, too.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Mikey;

When I attended the CTI spotting seminar at Experience . . .

I noticed the Pro Solv liquid they used on ink stains was rated "Extremely Flammable"

versus the flammable for our Stain Solv product.

After a water rinse on ours, the risk is very slight .

We can formulate a Combustible (flash point over 100' F) version if required.

I believe the "brake cleaner" you were putting on floors is an extremely flammable product also. :madder:

Larry

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
And considering how much of your sealer/protectors you sell here I'd suggest you find out and announce the truth real quick seeing how you're skirting the issue.

Wrap up Ray in some tinfoil and go find a wall heater asap

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark Saiger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom