Larry Cobb $$$$$$$

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Larry we all know you love$$$$. But You seem to be the ONLY supplier here who says your Pre-Spray only needs a Fresh Water Rinse. Some of the big shots here claim when using Power Max you need to have some kind of rinse agent because Powermax does not rinse out easy. I use 12 ounces in a Hydroforce with no tip and a Fresh water rinse. Am I leving lots of residue?

Golden Boy

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Great Timing Waldo . . .

We are introducing a TM @ the Experience here in Dallas . . .

that will provide better rinsing than any chemical rinse agent . . .

@ a lower cost.

The carpet mills are telling their customers to remove any residue from their carpet fibers.

Now we are providing the solution integrated into Dynachem TMs.

. . . RO Water System

Dave Gill currently uses it with PowerMax, and you can ask him about rinsing effectiveness.

Waldo, do you know the water hardness in Grains per Gallon ?

That will give you an idea of the actual water hardness in your area,

which correlates to rinsing effectiveness.

Larry

P.S. To answer your question, PowerMax leaves less residue than other "leading powder products"
that contain significant sodium carbonate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Goldenboy

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
One thing about powermax is that it rinses out great....

for years I always just used soft water and never ever had a problem....

Sorry...but the RO water hype is just way over kill and not really needed..........

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jim;

Living in Arizona, I would think you would realize the advantages of RO water.

A good water softener helps cleaning,

but RO water does a much better rinsing job.

Larry

Mike Draper

Larry, I ran RO water for years. I just switched back to soft water and a rinse about 10 months ago. Soft water and quality rinse works better. I like the idea of RO. I like the soft water and rinse better fir cleaning.

Mike Draper

I say this from my personal experience with both types of rinse. To each his own though.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Jim;

Living in Arizona, I would think you would realize the advantages of RO water.

A good water softener helps cleaning,

but RO water does a much better rinsing job.

Larry

that's what I am saying...Arizona has some of the worst water around and for years I have been rinsing with soft water with out a single issue....I just can't see rocking the boat and investing into another system when what we have works just fine....

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
that's what I am saying...Arizona has some of the worst water around and for years I have been rinsing with soft water with out a single issue....I just can't see rocking the boat and investing into another system when what we have works just fine....

You should drink Cali water sometime!

No wonder Mikeys Nutz : )

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

Mike Draper

Jim, I thought the same thing about soft water as you for quite a while. Over a few month period I would find theses rat nasty apartments. I would first clean them with soft water, then come back after they were dry and re-clean with a rinse added. They all look way better with a rinse. I did this to 6 apartments. I also did this same experiment with my RO water and that is what led me away from using RO. Soft water with a rinse beat the other methods.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Jim, I thought the same thing about soft water as you for quite a while. Over a few month period I would find theses rat nasty apartments. I would first clean them with soft water, then come back after they were dry and re-clean with a rinse added. They all look way better with a rinse. I did this to 6 apartments. I also did this same experiment with my RO water and that is what led me away from using RO. Soft water with a rinse beat the other methods.

I use to use a rinse...then on day it broke and I did not notice it....long story short....I tested it back and forth for a long time...I found out that there was no difference at all....
If I was strictly wand cleaning then I would probably think about hooking a rinse up with the soft water....but I am a avid rotary cleaner and they just flush everything out much better then your typical wand........I have never had re-soiling issues...I cant remember the last time I had a wicking problem...if it ain't broke...leave it alone.......

Reactions: spotman123

Mike Draper

Jim. I'll clean my front room without a rinse and let it dry. It's awesome 20 year old nylon. Cleans up like a million bucks each time. My kids spill shit in there every 30 minutes and I clean it about 3x a year if my wife is lucky. I'll take an after pic with no rinse and I'll flush the shit out of it with the hoss. After it dries my wife will throw a shit fit because stains wick back about 4 days after. Then I'll clean with a rinse and Nota single thing will wick back. I'll take picks of both outcomes. Them tell me there is no difference.

steve_64

I use to use a rinse...then on day it broke and I did not notice it....long story short....I tested it back and forth for a long time...I found out that there was no difference at all....
If I was strictly wand cleaning then I would probably think about hooking a rinse up with the soft water....but I am a avid rotary cleaner and they just flush everything out much better then your typical wand........I have never had re-soiling issues...I cant remember the last time I had a wicking problem...if it ain't broke...leave it alone.......

if it ain't broke...leave it alone.......
then on day it broke...

just had to mess with ya jim lol

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Jim. I'll clean my front room without a rinse and let it dry. It's awesome 20 year old nylon. Cleans up like a million bucks each time. My kids spill shit in there every 30 minutes and I clean it about 3x a year if my wife is lucky. I'll take an after pic with no rinse and I'll flush the shit out of it with the hoss. After it dries my wife will throw a shit fit because stains wick back about 4 days after. Then I'll clean with a rinse and Nota single thing will wick back. I'll take picks of both outcomes. Them tell me there is no difference.

got to be a reason as to why it does this.......I just don't have wicking or re-soil problems...and for years I have been cleaning like this......
be interesting to figure it out.......

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
I will adjust and not use many things if needed but one thing I will not do,without is my RO rinse..

Less chem usage easier rinse and cleaner water..no scale build up on truck and I can clean with just pure water better than most of the guys around here lol

To water consumes and dissolves everything..really makes it easier to clean.

Best single thing I did to improve my company's cleaning was to invest in a RO system

Reactions: Larry Cobb

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I wanted RO for years it was just a pricey setup so since we carry our water we just put a soft water system in our shop. Its worked great so far, in plant cleaning benefits and the trucks carry soft water to the job.

What the price on your new RO system Larry?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I never tried RO water. Regarding the rest, I have the exact same experience as Mike.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I've never cleaned with RO water so I can't speak to that. I have quite a lot of experience wanding with or without a rinse. My experience with my set up is that soft water with a rinse is significantly superior than soft water without a rinse in a couple ways.

-I can clean faster, it just makes the carpet "pop" with less effort
-it looks better, with a wand remember, but it really looks better.
-I like to add deodorizer to my rinse. Chicks dig it because it smells better...I think that matters a lot to many of my customers.

The Clean Machine

Reactions: Desk Jockey

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I wanted RO for years it was just a pricey setup so since we carry our water we just put a soft water system in our shop. Its worked great so far, in plant cleaning benefits and the trucks carry soft water to the job.

You just want it cause you're bored. Go fix your thank you post cards, or magnets, or anything.
Haven't Dan realized yet that it can get pretty expensive for the company, when you're bored silly? :winky:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I was supposed to go out and help them pressure wash a building but a crew came in so I'm back working on payroll. But I may run out there and start the unit for them later if they need help getting it going. :biggrin:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Imagine the saving Chavez Rest will get if they kept you occupied at all times.
Can I have Dan's number?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb

Richard;

Our Dynachem RO System will add ~ $1000 to the TM pricing.

It has a 48" long RO membrane rated for 2300 Gallons per day usage.
This means it will last thru about 10,000 gallons of moderately hard water.

So a 34HP TM with RO system would be $16,195.

Along with Dave Gill,

I firmly believe in the superiority of RO water for leaving the least residue in the carpet.

Larry

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Richard;

Our Dynachem RO System will add ~ $1000 to the TM pricing.

It has a 48" long RO membrane rated for 2300 Gallons per day usage.
This means it will last thru about 10,000 gallons of moderately hard water.

So a 34HP TM with RO system would be $16,195.

Along with Dave Gill,

I firmly believe in the superiority of RO water for leaving the least residue in the carpet.

Larry
While we don't have residue issues, that's a fantastic price. Great deal!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom