Larry Cobb $$$$$$$

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Larry we all know you love$$$$. But You seem to be the ONLY supplier here who says your Pre-Spray only needs a Fresh Water Rinse. Some of the big shots here claim when using Power Max you need to have some kind of rinse agent because Powermax does not rinse out easy. I use 12 ounces in a Hydroforce with no tip and a Fresh water rinse. Am I leving lots of residue?

Golden Boy

Les said you could FW Rinse his Slop & Gobble.

The water around here is fairly soft without treatment. When you flush the prespray with 15 flow I don't think it would matter if you had a rinse or not. Unless you speed wand

Reactions: SamIam

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
What's the difference between RO and deionized water?

The type of filters used. I know a guy that Runs his RO into a DI filter to achieve his less then 20TDS water for cleaning. You can wash a black car in the middle of the summer here in AZ with that water and let it drip dry and it will not have a single water spot on it anywhere.

Lance Golden

Name
Lance Golden
The type of filters used. I know a guy that Runs his RO into a DI filter to achieve his less then 20TDS water for cleaning. You can wash a black car in the middle of the summer here in AZ with that water and let it drip dry and it will not have a single water spot on it anywhere.

The concept is to get the lowest possible TDS going into DI. The lower that number, the more gallons you can get from that DI, before exchange is needed.
NOT all areas of the US "need" RO and will not benefit from this. If your local water has a TDS lower than 100 you don't "need" RO
If your TDS is over 100-150 You WILL benefit from having RO before DI.

For me, In Phx, our local water is all over the place, anywhere from 180- 800. If I have 800 going into RO, I will have around 10-20 coming out of RO, then my DI cartridges do not have much left to filter down to 0. If I have 180 going in, it will be around 003-005 coming out of RO. 015 is (give or take) spot free on glass or a car. I can and have had about 30,000 gallons go thru 1 cubic foot of DI before it became "fouled".

To answer the "waste" questions, I simply water a tree or grass or to a clean-out. It bypasses about 30% to waste or 2 parts usable water to 1 waste.
The systems we are building are commercial grade, not an under sink type.

Maybe Mikey can answer, or anyone that has that new Kinetico water softener like he uses, Does it waste water? or "dump "brine" ? I know when my Home water softener was installed, they ran a "bypass to my laundry drain line.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Considering a prochem water softener is $900 thats not bad at all.

After 10000 gallons does it get recharged???? how much to recharge it?? or does it get replaced?

I recharge both my prochem water softeners monthly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Lance;

We are using new technology RO 48" membranes and stainless housings.

We expect only 25% waste with our system.

Have you used low TDS water for rinsing carpet ?

Our testing has shown much less residue, after using our low residue Dynachem presprays.

Larry

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Les said you could FW Rinse his Slop & Gobble.

The water around here is fairly soft without treatment. When you flush the prespray with 15 flow I don't think it would matter if you had a rinse or not. Unless you speed wand

OK whose a Dale jr cleaner?? and who's not????
and is it completely situational?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I would say maybe 10 to 20 gal. wasted at most recharging my PC WS. supposed to recharge after 1000 gallons.

Lance Golden

Name
Lance Golden
Lance;

We are using new technology RO 48" membranes and stainless housings.

We expect only 25% waste with our system.

Have you used low TDS water for rinsing carpet ?

Our testing has shown much less residue, after using our low residue Dynachem presprays.

Larry
Larry, We met in Vegas, around '09. I was rep for Pure Rinse. Sounds like you have the 4x40 ? with the housing it is 48" 25% is over promising in my opinion. reality is depending on what is n the water. is it made up of mostly calcium? Too many variables...

Yes I ALWAYS ONLY use only RO/DI and have for 8 years. No question it is by far the BEST rinse!

What most guys can't wrap their head around, is "It's just water!" Soft water is NOWHERE near "Pure water". Not even in the same world.

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
I'm not understanding the concept of an integrated RO/DI integrated truck mount.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
The concept is that every sales/marketing outfit out there will try to use anything which they perceive to give them a sales edge.
Therefore greatly emphasize any and every minute difference.

The difference in residue left per entire home may be half a tea spoon. Most of which will be picked up the first vacuuming after the cleaning.

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
Yeah I guess I understand that part of the system I don't understand how to "integrate" the 5-7 large filters onto a truck mount.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
I'm not understanding the concept of an integrated RO/DI integrated truck mount.

kingjoe;

It is a system that will not run out of pure RO water, for providing the best rinse possible.

Cost when integrated with our Dynachem TM, will be only 33% of a standalone system.

High pressure system design will generate less waste water.

Larry

Mikey P

Administrator
Larry dies your RO system waste 30% of the water like Lance's unit?

That's roughly 10 gallons per average home by California math.

Lance Golden

Name
Lance Golden
Mikey, I am going to go out on a limb, and say Larrys is a "pumped system" with that being said. My 30% suggested bypass is based on a "pumpless" system
Any time you can pump, it can and will produce a lower TDS with less "bypass". We are doing the same thing.... As I stated with options. The pump is an option.

Larry are you using Pumptec's with your system?

Lance Golden

Name
Lance Golden
Larry dies your RO system waste 30% of the water like Lance's unit?

That's roughly 10 gallons per average home by California math.

A TM w/ a diverter will waste a lot more than that. I had a POS in my trailer for a month, that when running "correctly" and got to temp, byassed at 3 gallons per minute.
Doesn't your Kinetico Bypass as well?

Name
Bill Soukoreff
My on board Kinetico discharges 10 to 12 gallons while filling my 200 gallon water tank. In live in an area with high TDS and use 200 gallons a day of water. That makes RO/DI very expensive. I tried DI water for awhile but it I did not find it to be the magic bullet that others seem to think it is. It was not worth the hassle nor expense. No difference to my soft water. Then again, I am pretty picky about I spray on the carpet in the firstplace place.

I like the Kinetico because it takes up a tiny amount of space on my van shelf. I also dechlorinate the water as well. Very compact, reliable and you never think about it. You will always have a constant supply of fully softened water with the Kinetico's dual tank system. It is not cheap, but well worth it the initial investment. Discharges to my waste tank. Nice clean system.

Lance Golden

Name
Lance Golden
There is no doubt, RO or RO/DI isn't for everybody. I have ran RO/DI for over 8 years now. I won't go back to city or softened water.
Personal preference.

Lance Golden

Name
Lance Golden
Mikey There will always be (no doubt) believer's, one way or the other... Do yourself a favor and talk to Demien...

I believe my client satisfaction rate is higher than before. I know it has to do with the dissolved solid count in my area being all over the map.
In other words, I can take one house in a "decent" water part of town, get good results.
take that same house same scenario put it in another part of town, and struggle to get it acceptably clean.
Now, since I run purified, I always the same quality all over town. And I will never go back to traditional soft or city water.

Again this isn't for everyone, Some areas of the country ( as I said before) do not benefit from RO, They would from DI tho...

So I don't see how it was "proven" that soft water is "better".

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
http://www.bojifilters.com

Pulled my softener out several years ago. Super easy to service and I got 1,500-2,000 gallons between servicing (takes about 20 mins to service). May put it back in if I can find another spot for it. Real estate is precious in my std. size cargo. You can justify most anything on your equipment list if it makes you feel good. If the feeling out weighs the effort/hassle then we stuff one more thing on the truck. I polish are fare amount of turds during the week and don't seem to clean for custys that cuddle the pile with their face and hands, I know I don't.

Reactions: hogjowl

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Mikey, I am going to go out on a limb, and say Larrys is a "pumped system" with that being said. My 30% suggested bypass is based on a "pumpless" system
Any time you can pump, it can and will produce a lower TDS with less "bypass". We are doing the same thing.... As I stated with options. The pump is an option.

Larry are you using Pumptec's with your system?

Our system is using the General Pump on the TM for higher pressure.

This increases reliability, and generates less bypass water.

Less water will be required for rinsing to start with.

No scale buildup will let the HX and plumbing operate with higher efficiency (heat & pressure).

"Cost of Operation" per year on this system will be one $20 filter and 20 minute cleaning .

About the same as 2 Gallons of Rinse, which leaves more residue in the carpet.

Larry

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom