Laser Measurers

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Just got a Stanley Fat Max TLM 100. Disappointed that it doesn't accumulate areas. You need to use a pen and paper or seperate calculator to total the areas. Cumbersome. Doesn't seem much more computing power would be required to do the job right.

Is there another laser tape that adds and subtracts areas?

Am I missing a trick with the Fat Max?

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
77-910 Fat Max TLM100 Series Tru Laser

This will find the area.

Its all in the book that came with it..

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Larry,

I know how to get the area, but not to add or subtract multiple areas with the instrument.

For example, if you're measuring rooms in a house, you get the area of each room then need to add the areas of the rooms seperately. The TLM 100 doesn't give you a total of the areas.

Scott

John La Rue said:
Larry,

I know how to get the area, but not to add or subtract multiple areas with the instrument.

For example, if you're measuring rooms in a house, you get the area of each room then need to add the areas of the rooms seperately. The TLM 100 doesn't give you a total of the areas.

The Fatmax won't do what you're wanting it to do, but then again it's only $100 the last time I checked.

If you're looking for more complex entries you should look at the Leica brand of lasertapes. I've used one going on 7 years now and love it. It's great for large and complex measurements. You won't find it at Lowes or HD - you'll have to go through a company that sells tools to professionals like inspectortools.com

Scott

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Thanks, Scott. The Leica Disto D2 might have the functions I'm looking for.

Stevea

I believe the unit is called Dimension Master or Dimension Master Plus. I have used this particular unit for over 24 years and it works great. It will measure and hold in memory up to 10 room measurements, you can also use this to multiply the accumulative total. It will measure also in yards and meters as well as feet. Great tool and people love these, I would not be without one.

SA

John Watson

Let me know if anybody finds something comparable to the Demminsion Master Plus...
I have 1 left that works and 2 that need repair, but the Manufactor quit making and repairing them

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
paper and pen...with a tape, and calc....

bam the human brian is sooooooo coooooolll

steve g

Name
steve garrett
the thing about the fat max from what I have seen is, it works much better if you have it held nearly still, so try to brace it against the door casing or the corner of a wall

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom