Last Call for the BDCC Mikeyfest Scholarship.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Ok tomorrow and I am going to have the poll put up for you guys to vote. If you want to be considered you need to go post in the thread in the mikeyfest room (or here if you like) why you should be chosen and how your going to pay it forward. So far Chad, Hooodie and someone else have thrown their name in. I need to check that thread but come on guys it is free airfare (we should have enough for that) and you get to bunk with Mikey for FREE !

Jay D

Name
Jay D
I'd like to go but I am already planning a week off for SFS in Dallas in march and there are more deserving people than me. :roll:

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Mikey emailed me and told me I am exempt from this contest

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
man i would love to get into it but just cant right now.
nothing would be more fun than to stay with mikey and really see who he is. i would have to have my ass sown shut just in case he really is the homo everyone thinks he is.
but fun it would be.
next one is a promise to make it.

John Watson

Hey, Can I throw my hat (So to speak) in with the lot?? We have had very little work this year. I was planning on the rush before Christmas but got a snow storm instead. Our Van was litterly stuck in our driveway because the seconary roads were so bad till Jan 10th.

I was planing to go to MF, but the way our budget is and the way jobs are going it looks pretty bleak unless I winn this here scholar ship trip for sure.

I was going to drive, but Last years co driver, Ernie G, says if he goes he is going to spend extra time visting friends and family in the SD area (Even tho the caddy gits 27-29 mpg, Splitting the gas makes for a fairly cheap trip. Then Odin posts about how far it really is (Border to Border almost) well I guess I can fly from Bellingham, I started checking in on the fares and found that Alaska Air has raised their air miles required to make a trip and I am just short of getting my plane ticket that way. I have room reservations and Mikey posted about sharring a room I posted back:

I might be looking for a roomie also, If I am able to make the trip, I will hold my reservations till the last. I haven't talked to Ernie G (Sure he still has the earplugs I got him for last year) on what his plans in Degio are or if Joy is coming this year..

Guess that breaks down to about $57.00 night

Mikey posted back: "I would love to room with you John"., but now that sounds like he has his own room and is offering his extra bed to the BDCC who wins this scholar ship. No body else responded.

I have 2 ODouls waiting for me if I collect fom Big John Olson, I was going to Jump out of an airplane too, but besides no money they have a weight limit that I am over by at least 80 lbs.

Hoodle doodle threatend to take my hat that mikey gave away and I was coming to help put this issue to rest... I was hoping to see abunch of friends and even sneak a few minutes to see and be with my 16 year old Granddaughter who moved to SD last Aug with her mother (Supposed to have been a 2 week trip) and now lives there. So, I guess If you need my room reservations for some one else they are there. If I hear nothing back I will be canceliing them.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
How about giving it to someone who actually does this full time. Hell, if you're going to give it to just anyone, send it my way, my boss might let me come.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Ok lets 'splain this again.I'm not giving t away We have $350 for airfare unless more mikeyboaders bought while we where out of the country.

To be eligible you have to post why you should win and how you plan to pay it forward. You guys then vote. I am not even going to vote it will be you hate boarders who decide which BDCC gets the chance to hag out with all the other selfish haters who are nothing but negative. Hell maybe I should enter :mrgreen:

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Do I have to beg again? I would love to go but really can't afford it. I've never been to Cali, in fact I never flew anywhere until I married my wife 9 years ago. We went to Mexico for honeymoon, in October, hurricane season. If I have to room with Mikey I'll help him lift his head up in the morning. And I promise to buy some chems from John when I need some more. I'm also trying to develop a couple of new products that would make our jobs easier and I will turn the manufacturing and distribution over to Greenie. He doesn't know anything about this yet so I hope he can handle it. Thank you for your consideration.

Greenie

Damn...decisions, decisions....Dave,Greg, Doug, Kevin would all be good to have out for some entertainment...

Name
Eric Valentine
I guess I could throw my name in. Considering that my van is non-drivable right now (I don't know if it is a simple freeze plug, or if I cracked the block) and will have to be getting a new van (and a TM) asap. I am just now seeing the way out of a deep financial hole that I have been stuck in for quite a while. Like most everyone else, I have made some bad decisions, and learned the hard way from them. I am sure that there is someone more deserving than me out there.

As for how I would pay it forward, that is a really good question. I don't know for sure what I would have to offer, but would do my damnedest to help someone out if I could when the opportunity arrives. Probably the easiest would be steering new cleaners or those that want to learn to the board here, and help them not make the same mistakes I have while starting out.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Ok can someone make a poll for me. Danny, Dave,Greg, Doug, Kevin Chads and Eric. I just checked the numbers and we only have $300 for a round trip ticket :cry: We still have the rest of the week for people to buy/donate.

We have had ZERO distributors, Read that again ZERO distributors want to help except Mikey Himself. (Mytee don't count as they are doing all the work)

So JB donated $50, Mikey Donated $100 and I put in $50 and the rest is from the 5% of sales from Mikeysboard members.

Come on Folks I know times are tuff but if Tre can sell friggin T-Shirts then the Hate Board can at least help a BDCC go hang out with the rest of us haters. Or maybe they are right and this is really the hate board :(

John Olson

Name
John Olson
packfancjh said:
I got five from my hockey bet with Marc and I'll throw in another 20.
Sweet you can paypal it or mail it to

Superior Cleaning Soultions
948 N. 1610 W.
Orem UT 84057

So that takes us to $325 for a plane ticket. Any Left over will go to help cover food expenses or be put into a fund for next year.

Back
Top Bottom